Ogre kits and cross-compatibility?

Aegisgrimm

Just a quick question for some of you Beastclaw and Gutbuster players, as I am pondering starting an Ogre skirmish force (not necessarily for Age of Sigmar rules)....do the arms from the Mournfang riders fit on Ogre bull bodies?  I was thinking of either the leader arms or the long two-hander weapon arms to convert a leader from one of the bodies in a bull kit.

10 hours ago, Aegisgrimm said:

Just a quick question for some of you Beastclaw and Gutbuster players, as I am pondering starting an Ogre skirmish force (not necessarily for Age of Sigmar rules)....do the arms from the Mournfang riders fit on Ogre bull bodies?  I was thinking of either the leader arms or the long two-hander weapon arms to convert a leader from one of the bodies in a bull kit.

Yeah, it will work. The shoulders do have specific fittings, so its not a flat attachment. I can take some pictures of left over sprues and bits if that helps. 

Thanks guys, I just wondered.  Basically, I have a pair of bulls, a Leadbelcher, and an Irongut that have previously seen use in different warbands as 'Mercenary Ogres', and thought about getting a box of bulls, and then either the pointing sword/handgun combo or one of the two-handers from some  Mournfangs would go on a Bull body to make a leader.

Or maybe I would buy a Bull box and one of the older 2-man Mournfang boxes to have a bit of cavalry and then bits for a leader.  Mostly because I'll only ever need two of the Mournfang, and I usually see them for only 25 bucks on Ebay, which is not bad at all.

I had just seen on sprues online that the Mournfang bodies seemed to have the same connection as the bulls/Ironguts, which I have experience building, but wasn't sure as they are such odd-shaped connections if I had to carve them to fit.

Archived