Mixed Destruction Synergies

GrogBusta

Bumping this thread, I'm working on a mix that I want to try. In fact it's mostly Ironjawz, but with generic allegiance :). Something like:

Maw Krusha 460 battered talisman
fugoid shaman 80 ravager
warchanter 80  
Warboss with flag 140  
Megaboss 140  

10 orruk 90  
10 orruk  90  
10 orruk 90  
15 brutes 540  
6 goregruntas 280  

Playing mixed allowed to take the fungoid as the general, for the run/retreat and charge ability. With 5 character + ravager, the odds are pretty good to get 1-2 free move and combine with the run and charge, you can get either the Pig or MawKrusha (or even Brutes) in combat round 1. Then the shaman allow you to retreat and go charge something else (hopefully more juicy). 

I don't mind paying de 270 pts core taxe for the orruks, as they give cheap model count and with their reroll save if you manage to get them in cover they're pretty resistant.

If you manage to roll for the Firestorm Force marched or Ambush stratagem it's pretty good too. 

One problem is damage spike as you're dependant of your brutes / maw krusha for damage output. Like 9 arcanite disk could whipe you're brutes before they attack. Or the new sister. But i think that would be a problem for a pure ironjawz anyway.

Other tought?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd trade a unit of Orruk for a unit of 20 gitmob with bows. It's 10 points more but you have that in float and the grots have way more utility to the army. (Things like space denial and 20 instead of 10)

Other than that I just wonder if there is anything better than the 6 ggs and megaboss on foot. I mean that's only 40 points short of a second cabbage?  (It's 320 points to give a footboss a cabbage) and that is going to be way more synergistic with your list. 

You could maybe go for 10 brutes 3 ggs and a second cabbage? 

Other option is the always fantastic troggoth hags at 360 she's WAY better than a footboss.

Allegiance: Destruction
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
- General
- Trait: Ravager
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warboss (140)
- Great Waaagh Banner
10 x Orruks (90)
- Pair of Choppas
10 x Orruks (90)
- Pair of Choppas
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
- Spears & Shields
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 129

yes i like your idea, problem is i don't have the models :D

i still like the footboss at 140 pts he is quite cheap and he boost the brutes, but yeah probably not needed in that list.

i liked the 6 gruntas for the opening potential, since they can do enough damage to skim the screen and they should stick in opponent face and deny his move (in the case he let you go first). 

another variant with goblin and wyvern as well:

Maw Krusha 460 battered talisman
fugoid shaman 80 ravager
warchanter 80  
Warboss with flag 140  
Wyvern 240  

10 orruk 90  
20 night goblin  130  
20 night goblin 130  
10 brutes 360  
6 goregruntas 280  

I thought about the tavern same as you did, personally I feel he's easily better than the footboss. I went the opposite though and took the brutes to 20 haha

Allegiance: Stoneklaw's Gutstompas

Leaders
Orruk Warboss On Wyvern (240)
Orruk Warboss (140)
- Great Waaagh Banner
- Artefact: Battered Talisman
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
- General
- Trait: Ravager

Battleline
10 x Orruks (90)
10 x Orruks (90)
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)

Units
20 x Orruk Brutes (720)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 140

Just because 20 brutes ha!

Why choose, when you can have both :D

I do think the Maw Krusha has that extra layer of synergy with the Fungoid, because you can charge in the hero phase -> retreat -> charge again, doing mortals every time.  So you are really getting the most out of the Command Ability, and making the restriction of the Destruction ability (have to charge if you are within 12") into an asset.  

Yeah the 16" movement is nuts.  Between Ravager (6" Hero Phase move), his 16" move, the Maw Krusha's 12" move, and Run + charge command ability, you could realistically get both into combat turn 1, although of course that means you can't activate both first.  The other options are going all out on one of them, possibly having enough movement to charge that big base right over the screening units into the backfield (the Magma Dragon get there quicker, has more wounds and degrades quite slowly so he is probably more suited to that), or pushing the Grots forward, doing a round of shooting, then leaping the beasts forward in the following turn for a Beta strike.

So they have updated the Malign Portents FAQ, and you no longer need to have the Harbringer keyword to ally in the Fungoid to any army, and / or use him as your general.  Still can't take a Command Trait if you use him in an Ironjawz army for example.

Does this change anything for anyone?  I know from experience that being able to retreat + run + charge with the Maw Krusha is AMAZING, especially when you trigger hero phase charges with Mighty Destroyers then retreat + charge again.  However the lack of ANY command trait if you're not GA Destruction / Moonclan hurts (can't even take Ravager to compensate), and you would be giving up Ironclad on the Maw Krusha which is of huge significance.  Furthermore a remaining allies pool of 320 is much more restrictive (no Hag for example).

What do you all think?  Will you be giving him a try in Ironjawz armies with the new FAQ, or anything else?

You do also save a few points by longer needing the WNS for Mystic Shield.

Maybe something like this?   

Allegiance: Ironjawz

Leaders
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
- General
- Allies
- Artefact: Metalrippa's Klaw 
Orruk Warchanter (80)
- Artefact: The Boss Skewer 
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)

War Machines
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
- Allies
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
- Allies
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
- Allies

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 380 / 400
Wounds: 132

10 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

So they have updated the Malign Portents FAQ, and you no longer need to have the Harbringer keyword to ally in the Fungoid to any army, and / or use him as your general.  Still can't take a Command Trait if you use him in an Ironjawz army for example.

It change everything :D

i think he probably become the general of  choice for both Ironjawz and Bonesplitter

but i think i might still like the synergy in mix destruction. I don't mind too much the core tax of 3 x 10 orruk: They can hold objectives, are really tough in cover. I don't feel i'm wasting point. Goblin option is nice too. It open possibility. I also like the fact that all my hero can trigger the free move (and general become 3+).

of course you lose the +1 to charge and smashing and bashing, that are not bad power at all.

But it definitly open possibilies. 

@broche how would you use him in Bonesplitterz?  In Ironjawz it kind of speaks for itself since the Maw Krusha get bonuses for charging, and not having him bogged down is great. 

Would you be using it to make things like Boarboy Maniaks even more mobile?  I guess they do get a small bonus on the charge (reroll wounds on the tusks).

49 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

This is especially huge for the Ogor side of destruction since it give's them access to the cheap ally they didn't have. Double butcher+FCS would actually be a thing for BCR giving way more casting options. Add in that it's basically impossible to sink anything below 120 points normally and he is an incredibly useful list building tool.

i think it's just orruk and grot unfortunatly (would be nice in BCR)

in Bonesplitter, i find the wurgog hard to trigger usually. retreat and charge is a really powerful mechanic on either Maniak or Big stabba. 10 maniak that can retreat and charge is a big theath, especially with hand of gork and the +2 to charge!

8 hours ago, broche said:

It change everything :D

i think he probably become the general of  choice for both Ironjawz and Bonesplitter

I can't see how retreat and charge is better than pile in and fight in the Hero Phase. There are very few games where I do not use the Prophets command ability at least once. 6 Big Stabbas fighting twice in a turn is lots of fun.

7 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

Yeah and let's not ignore the elephant in the room...the Savage Big Boss slapping the extra shots (or inspiring presence) on wave after wave of Arrow Boys.  

As I have not used the Kunnin Rukk since GHB17 dropped this is not an issue for me :)

I have it down to a choice of two lists. All the choices have been brought on my the Fungus Shaman being so strong in the two Malign Portents missions. If he was not necessary I have a fairly fixed list that I know works in most games.

List 1

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz

Leaders
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
- Allies
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
- Trait: Squirmy Warpaint 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Squiggly Curse
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Brutal Beast Spirits
Wardokk (100)