How can i start with sylvaneth?

PowerCreep

Well, choosing an army is REALLY hard.

I liked Seraphon at first, but the normal warrior model is just awful to me.

Fyreslayers are great but i don't like their size and they  are a bit hard to paint.

Now i am into sylvaneth.They get a pretty nice centerpiece in the SC box and i love the models

I am wondering if any of you have any tips on how to expand the SC box or painting i would be really greatfull for your help.

Also how many citadel woods do I need for a sylvaneth wyldwood?

First of all about Seraphon:
If you don't like Warriors you can still play a Skink army if you like those better. :)

But now about Sylvaneth:

IMO with two Start Collecting boxes you have a good base for an army since you have the minimum battleline tax of Dryads, two Treelords (you can build one as an ancient or Durthu depending on what you like visually or becasue of play style) and two Branchwyches for support.

From there you can branch out (heehee pun) by buying more Dryads and getting some Kurnoth Hunters, and/or Tree Revenants.
Spite Revenants are the other path you could go, and IIRC they synergize nicely with Drycha.

You should also get the Battletome since it explains a lot and contains awesome fluff as well as bataillons.

About the woods: A Wyldwood can consist of 1-3 Citadel woods. I suggest getting three woods, then you can place either two or three separate wyldwoods, or a big one. Depending on how the battlefield looks.

Hi, i have both seraphon and sylvaneth army, they are both great army with great models. 

Sylvaneth SC is really great with 16 driads (30€), a treelord (50€) and a branchwych (20€) at the cost of 65€. I started buyng 3 start collecting, doing so i have 3 treelord ( 1 normal treelord, 1 treelord ancient and 1 durthu), 48 dryads (then i bought 2 extra dryads from a friend with 32 dryad, so i have now 50 of them) perfect for the battleline, and 3 branchwych (2 are perfect, i'm trying to convert the third in a branchwraith). Then i bought 2 kurnoth box and a tree revenant one, enough to build a 2000 points army with a gnarloot wargrove (one of the battalion of the book).

I had also a drycha, but still i can't find a list in wich she give her best.

About wildwoods: a sylvaneth wildwoods consist in 1-3 citadel wood. I still prox them waiting to buy the boxes.

About painting just follow your idea. I love autumnal forest so i decided to paint them with autumanl color and even if i'm not really good in painting they looks very cool. Sylvaneth can bring a lot of idea for painting them.

As for painting Sylvaneth, I use a Tamiya Flat Earth base coat (works GREAT as a primer), a quick Ushabti dry brush (or Tau Light Ochre), and then an Agrax Earthshade wash. Then a light dry brush raking when dry with bone or Screaming Scull. Then green leaf spot color with Moot Green.  I can pound out the tree folk fast and they look great if you glue a bit of turf to the base.

Archived