"Holding" your cards

RuneBrush

Bit of an oddball one for you all.  After seeing some of GWs Twitch stream I had a last minute burst of enthusiasm last Friday and picked up Shadespire, getting my first game in on Sunday.  Very impressed and can see this becoming a firm favourite to be played of an evening.  However one of the things that I realised is that keeping your cards hidden but easily visible to you is a bit of a pain.  I'm not a fan of holding cards in your hand - it's fine for poker, less so when you have at least eight and need hands to roll dice or similar.  This got me to thinking (especially with the way GW showed the stream), does anybody produce a sloped card "holder"?  I know you could make one out of a cornflake packet, but that'll looks pretty naff next to the boards.

I check the  cards every now and then and in between they are in a stack at the table. I dont have a very good memory but dont have an issue keeping track of the hand in shadespire. The most important cards to remember is reactions and objectives, upgrades and other ploy cards wont be applicable until the power step where you will want to check your hand anyway.

That said, if you take any small wooden block and just cut a slit in it at an angle youll have a cardholder :D 

Archived