Skirmish Forum?

• 4 weeks later...

@CarlStrack01 & @mgacy Check out the Narrative and open thread. It's the closest thing to it :D 

Take a look at the excellant Hinterlands thread which is, now, a great add on for more depth to skirmish. Also in there the 'Dark Age of Sigmar' thread, which the crazyiest warbands are shown. If that doesn't inspire you guys I don't know what will ;)

And if you guys are looking for more info, etc maybe start a Let's Chat Skirmish?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I did look at Hinterlands and it looks quite nice 

Would a "Let's chat Skirmish" be just a topic or would it be a whole forum like OpenPlay?

(sorry I forgot to check 'Notify me of replies" I'm still new to this board.)

- marc

The forum mods have not really shown any interest in having a dedicated Skirmish forum. I think their reasoning is that it's just an 'alternative way to play' Age of Sigmar, and hence should just be discussed in the relevent other forums (Narrative/Open play, or grand alliance forums).

It's also worth noting that Skirmish ultimately doesn't get a lot of discussion, kinda a flavour of the month expansion which I'm sure is popular in some groups, doesn't really seem to have taken off as an alternative game mode (Possibly this is an artefact of how simple the game is).

So I think if you want to discuss, a "Lets Chat : Skirmish" is probably a good idea (There may even be one floating around somewhere), as I don't think you'll get much traction with a new forum board for it.

7 hours ago, someone2040 said:

The forum mods have not really shown any interest in having a dedicated Skirmish forum. I think their reasoning is that it's just an 'alternative way to play' Age of Sigmar, and hence should just be discussed in the relevent other forums (Narrative/Open play, or grand alliance forums).

This and we already have quite a few sub forums. We don't want any more!!!!! Please! ;) 

For me personally, Skirmish is a great way to play AoS. I've enjoyed playing it myself and have also run a couple of matched play tournaments for it, which have gone down well with the participants. 

I wouldn't want people to think that we, as Mods, are dismissing Skirmish or anything like that. I have to say however that I am in agreement with @Gaz Taylor in that a specific forum is not required for this.

If I want to report on Skirmish games myself, I just add them in my general army log thread. If I want to discuss or promote an event, I put it in the relevant forums.

If you guys are keen on discussing Skirmish then please feel free to make topics either here, in Narrative/Open or wherever else you feel they best fit. If there's any confusion myself or Gaz can easily move it elsewhere.

Have fun and I look forward to reading your musings on Skirmish :) 

Chris

OK, it could mainly be I didn't know where to look (Narrative/OpenPlay). Just getting started I'm more interested in reading what others have to say, as I don't know  enough to contribute in a meaningful way, and I was originally having a hard time separating normal AoS from Skirmish posts.

Thanks!

- Marc

Archived