Swift hawks list!

TGCMactar

You're way over on allies points (I;ve got you at 600 Eldritch Council), so Spireguard and Shadow warriors both lose battleline. If this is narrative, though, it's a fun list! But I'd probably take a Loremaster over the Archmage. Hand of Glory on any dragon will ruin an opponents day.

defenders of dawn / the battalion in the spire of dawn set gives the eldritch council swifthawk agents key word but idk what the points for it is 

and its hard to get reavers unless i have to mad convert dark riders which is the only option i can think of other than trying to get the models

1 hour ago, TGCMactar said:

defenders of dawn / the battalion in the spire of dawn set gives the eldritch council swifthawk agents key word but idk what the points for it is 

and its hard to get reavers unless i have to mad convert dark riders which is the only option i can think of other than trying to get the models

Sadly, the Defenders of Dawn battalion has no points in the new Handbook, so, unless an FAQ will say otherwise, it is not useable in Matched Play, which is a shame. As such, you will need to alter your list accordingly, adding in either generic battleline (Bleakspears, etc) or replacing Swordmaster and such with more Swifthawk models.

2k pure SHA (+allies)

High Warden - general -220

2x Skywarden -320

Archmage on Horse -120

1x10 Reavers -320

1x5 Reavers -160

1x30 Spireguard -300

1x3 Sky cutters -360

1x10 Swordmasters - 180

Shadow Warriors are too expensive. At 140/380 I'd run 30 of them for that first turn move but they are made of paper and the other ability isn't usefull enough. Hell, cost them at 160 and give them the Reavers shoot and move ability and I'd build my army around them. 

11 hours ago, TGCMactar said:

any tips on how to buy most of the stuff? buying 2 spire of dawns? ebay probably?

If you can find someone to split 2-3ish sets of Spire of Dawn that is still a fantastic deal. Once you get 3 units of Reavers, you can use the mages, Swordmasters and whatever else without worry as Reavers are straight battleline and you will be generic Order anyways.

Otherwise, go Ebay. Either scrounge for Reavers and such, or sell off all the Skaven/other unwanted models yourself.

On 10/20/2017 at 7:17 PM, flamingwalnut said:

Sadly, the Defenders of Dawn battalion has no points in the new Handbook, so, unless an FAQ will say otherwise, it is not useable in Matched Play, which is a shame. As such, you will need to alter your list accordingly, adding in either generic battleline (Bleakspears, etc) or replacing Swordmaster and such with more Swifthawk models.

It may not have points, but the GH2017 specifies that older war-scrolls are still viable. Having said that, you would need to ask to TO if you're playing in an event.

2 hours ago, NoTurtlesAllowed said:

It may not have points, but the GH2017 specifies that older war-scrolls are still viable. Having said that, you would need to ask to TO if you're playing in an event.

Using old warscrolls isn't the same as using old point values for said warscrolls/battalions.

Archived