Blades of Khorne list; fast moving Cav army help..

Greetings from the Warp

Hi all,

been lurking a while and loving the Blades of Khorne book..

Would really appreciate your collective and wise feedback on this list.. 

Idea is to use both Murderhost and Bloodthunder Stampede warscrolls..

Matched Play; 1990 points

2 x Herald of Khorne of Jug

Chaos Lord on Jug

Herald of Khorne

6 Bloodcrushers

3 x 10 Bloodletters

2 x 5 Flesh hounds

3 x 3 Skullcrushers

At this point not sure on artefacts etc, or even if have got the right combo of Leaders lol..

General tactics would be to flank the 6 Bloodcrushers and Chaos Lord, and use the Murderhost warscroll movement buff to rush onto objectives and pick up some cheeky early points.. Versus Hordes mmm well not sure lol, perhaps multiple charges into big units etc..!?

But rule of cool would look mega on the table and be a super fast army and think huge fun to play with!?

What are your thoughts..?

Thanks all, M

@Greetings from the Warp much appriciated man! I think your list is forming really well. Offcourse what you want to do/play is completely up to you. If you like Daemons like me, Murderhost is ideal to expand upon. Some comments on it from my perspective are:

- The Hero choices are very cool, but since the Mighty Lord of Khorne can only affect Mortal units with his Command Ability I think your better with running a Bloodstoker instead of a Skullgrinder. It's a bit of a pitty, the Skullgrinder is an awesome model but ensuring your 'bombs' will arrive is almost essential to any Khorne list. I havn't ran a list without my first two inclusions being a Bloodsecrator and a Bloodstoker, knowing you will execute likely charges with great damage results is essential to staying in the game.

- It's a bit unfortunate to say maby but Bloodcrushers are actually amongst the worst Unit choices we have now power for points. With the only saving grace being that D3 can return if you roll a 1 for Morale. In terms of damage output and survivability Skullcrushers outpreform them (and cost less) in terms of damage output on the charge Chaos Knights outpreform them aswell... What could be considered is a Blood Stampede Battalion list with this many Bloodcrushers but if you don't have this many Bloodcrushers yet I wouldn't rush in to get them all. They are amazing in 40K, but for AoS they lack a lot of things you'd expect to see at 160 points.

What is interesting to me is that the army really resembles a Warhammer Fantasy Warriors of Chaos army, lots of cavalry always was a very potent Chaos strategy in Warhammer Fantasy. In Age of Sigmar however a lot of power is removed from the Cavalry and granted to the Infantry. Khorne as an army in general can be seen as one of the strongest Infantry armies out there but what is typical to Age of Sigmar is that most armies are mainly Infantry based.

My general advice for now would be to consider what kind of army you want to go for. Cavalry in Slaves to Darkness has a lot of acces to additional buffs. Cavalry in Slaves to Darkness also has a very potent Battalion for it and Khorne has Brass Stampede if you simply love the idea of having tons of Kights on Juggernauts.
From a competative perspective I would consider running this list but merge the Bloodletters with the smaller Bloodcrusher units into Infantry blocks of 30 Bloodletters. They cost the same 270 points and 30 Bloodletters (especially in Murderhost) are a lot stronger as 10 Bloodletters + 3 Bloodcrushers. This comes from their bonus in larger numbers, area control in larger numbers and "Horde discount" keeping more points open for a vast slew of potent Heroes. If your going for maximum fun with Bloodcrusher models however, certainly continue this plan! :) 

Cheers,

Oh wow thanks @Killax really kind helping me out..

Some fantastic thoughts and insights cheers mate..

There's a big doh though!?! I have the gear inbound already.. Have got the Daemons Start Collecting box and some more Bloodscushers on order haha typical lol!?

That said not the end of the world I'll find something to do with them..

At min I have got around 40 Bloodletters, 20 Finecast Flesh hounds, 6 Mighty Skullcrushers, 6 Bloodcrushers on order and the Start Collecting box on order also.. Skulltaker and a Herald or two also.

I totally see your point about Bloodletters with their new horde discount and what better to face a horde, is with a horde lol!? 

Funny you should observe that used to love Fantasy and used to love my Knight and Marauder Cav army.. Perhaps subconsciously slipped back into old systems mode..!?!

In terms of army look feel and play style, have always like highly mobile fast moving army's  where puts opponent on backfoot. That said I guess with new horde discounts they'll be more bodies on the table so will restrict movement to a degree anyway.

I defo want to stick with the Murderhost as a base, and maybe have just the Bloodletters have it and go for the first turn charge.. As I guess investing 120 extra points into a character which then buffs those around him, is risky as can he easily be sniped out at some stage, or taken down on combat.. 

Maybe instead just have the game plan to get that turn 1 charge off instead!? 

The army perhaps could be like a Lord on a Manticore as nice show piece, or a Daemon Prince (Forgeworld obvs lol), those 2 characters you love, a solid block and core of few big Bloodletters bombs, some Mighty Skullcrushers and then Fleshounds and other stuff for flanking and objective grabbing..!?

What think dude?

No worries, we'll there isn't much of a problem with Bloodcrushers if your opponents don't bring up the 'hardest lists' they have around. The issue with Bloodcrushers is larger though, to the point where I don't completely understand their design :) As before though if you also play 40K this is just a minor thing but yeah by unit comparison, paying 160 points for 3 Bloodcrushers is just a lot!

With 40 Bloodletters your allready working with a great set of models, 60 Bloodletters is something Im working with now aswell. Also because I don't want to lose all local friends ;) The more the better though, they are amongst the best units in the game, power for points.
The Murderhost as a base Battalion is incredible in all cases, even if it just boils down to obtaining what is essentially a free turn 0 move for the mayority of your units. What you could consider is running it regardless with Bloodcrushers, you will have a lot of speed.

If you want to have a great showpiece for this army you cannot go wrong with the Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster. The Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster is an amazing general for any Khorne Daemon Army because he allows one unit to run and charge in the same turn with a roll bonus of +1 on the both of them. This allows us to reach the other side of the board extremely quick with any Khorne Daemon, 30 Bloodletter blocks included. The other typical advantage you gain out of Bloodthirster is to have an awnser against oppossing Monsters. Bloodthirsters arn't incredibly hard to kill but with Immense Power and The Crimson Crown have the potential to hit incredibly hard.

As a word of advice I'd just get to know and play Khorne a littlebit first. As before, the initial plan never should be to whipe all the tables but really get a grip on the game.
One of the reasons Khorne is so strong comes from it's Infantry and that's because it's an incredible multiplier for additional attacks generated from the Bloodsecrator's Rage of Khorne. It's because of this that the more models often are the better and in addition there is such a thing as moving so much that the Bloodsecrator's range can't keep up :P 

So just continue the plan! As a word of advice I'd say don't go overboard on Bloodcrushers for Age of Sigmar. This sounds a bit sad but they are in my opinion the only unit in Khorne that's incredibly hard to defend points for power.

Thanks a lot @Killax really appreciate your time and advice so far..

Below is the list and concept further refined with your help and support. It feels much better and together, and will look great and play great am sure too.

As you'll see taken all your advice on board, and hopefully it's now not a lose friends list haha, and will forgive and reward me as get more confident and sorted with army and the core rules.

I guess the only 'fat' in it is the Skull Cannon as whilst rules seem ok ish, the OCD in me would always rather 2 and not 1 of a unit!?! Also in terms of practicality, it comes in the Start Collecting box so might as well make it up and try it out..

This is a quick tester did a while back, which am pretty happy with, however did rush it through in places and know where it could be improved!?

Watch this space ??

IMG_4113.PNG

IMG_4114.PNG

IMG_4074.PNG

Archived