Ironjawz 2nd place at Warhammer World GT

The Stronghold

i dont know that Gruntas love. I think he played battalion for 15 inches extra to charge 1 turn enemy line and block impoortant units, but for d3 damage instead 1 you have to start charge at 8 inches, you got +1 from ironj ability but its too risky. anyone know how he played the list guys

I think the big thing about gorefist a is that they stop the opponent from wearing you down with shot or exploiting low mobility. 

You get 24" movement on the Gruntas and a minimum charge of 3" It's not unreasonable to say you get 30" charge range turn 1 which is a huge reduction of time in the killing field. 

The MK is also not the only threat turn 1/2 which makes target selection harder.

Lastly gruntas BS resistance is so much better, 9 wounds isn'teven a failable BS check rather than a 4+ model loss.

16 minutes ago, Anaticula said:

Please everybody also note that James scored the MOST KILLPOINTS. O.o That makes him No.1 for me. :)

It's beautiful isn't it! So true and beautiful:

We are da Orrukz. We always win. Espeshially when we win. Orrukz iz never defeated in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fighting so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't loose neither, coz we can come back for annuver go, see!

Cool to see Ironjawz, a predominately melee army, place so well in a grand tournament that in previous years was dominated by shooting-heavy armies.

I let my Megaboss know, and this is what he said about it:

"Oy, wot's dis?  Dat's sum propa Boss right dere.  Is 'bout time dat da Orks is gettin' sum respect fer all da battles we's winnin'.  I'd follow dat Boss in a Waaagh any day uv da week.

Dis is a good time to be an Ork.  We's winnin' da big fights, dere's more Boyz for da Waaagh, and I's got me own Maw-krusha finally.  Makes dis Megaboss feel all warm an' fuzzy inside.  Waaagh!"

Archived