Shadespire live unboxing video!

Chris Tomlin

Hey guys,

I don't usually do live unboxing videos, but today I wanted to share my excitement as I came home to this little beauty;

IMG_1647.JPG.1d7f193cee437bdea20d3bc58fe256c2.JPG

So a short while ago a did an unboxing video on my Twitter, it's pretty rough as it was literally just me opening the box and sharing my initial thoughts. Hopefully some of you will enjoy it though. 

Genuinely impressed by the product. If the gameplay is even just half as good they are on to an absolute winner here!

Think the video goes about 30 mins and is clean (at least I don't think I swore in excitement haha!!);

Enjoy!

Chris

In between painting Ironjawz for Facehammer GT tonight I put together all the models in the box. 

For the Liberators I used plastic glue and sprayed them Retributor Gold (bases Chaos Black). However I've left the Blood Reavers bare plastic for now and didn't use glue on them. 

Its incredible how easily they go together with so little clean up (Liberators especially). I don't reckon you need glue whatsoever, but can't hurt to use it if painting. 

IMG_1650.JPG

IMG_1651.JPG

3 hours ago, Sheriff said:

I see. They let select people talk about products early but get butthurt about leaks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Different GW now and has been for a while. Also they have more control over what customers sees now, so can ensure that the customer is seeing 'good' information rather than pictures which don't show the products off very well. I love what they are doing at the moment and I hope they carry on doing it

33 minutes ago, diony said:

Thanks for the Unboxing Chris, i am proper excited for this release- gonna try and play some rounds with my non-tabletop friends to see what they think about it.

No worries man, glad you liked it and thanks for watching. I too am really excited to start getting some games in. As you say this has some massive crossover appeal doesn't it.

17 hours ago, Killax said:

Thanks for sharing man! Im so excited for it aswell.

By the looks of it I can use different bases if I wanted to right? I'm planning to use the models for both Shadespire and Age of Sigmar Champions and or Heroes.

Cheers!

Yeah I think there is nothing about bases in the rules, so you can up them upon any sized/shaped base as long as its obvious which hex the model is in

10 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Yeah I think there is nothing about bases in the rules, so you can up them upon any sized/shaped base as long as its obvious which hex the model is in

Thanks! Yeah I will use the same size but because I also intend to use the models for Age of Sigmar games I'd like them to blend in well enough.
Littely have spend hours going through videos about the product and game, all of it still very much adds up to a lot of potential. Some have covered it as a 'gateway game' but personally I see much more potential in it as just being that (where AoS Skirmish is a great gateway game). 

I think the biggest potential comes from deck-building and perhaps even (a second edition where) crew-building will eventually be implemented, as I feel this is not the case yet. In addition I would love to be able to obtain the rules and give a small review on it. As the promo games Ive seen so far seem very cool but certain things remain a bit of a mistery to me (such as playing cards before and after preforming the "action" which both feels intuitive and should add up to a really nice added depth of gameplay). 

What's really cool is that all the "put to gether" and paint videos are up also and the quality on these models is just amazing, really on the same level as the characters we've come to love. In fact I am even trying to introduce this game to some old Warhammer friends of mine who simply quit that game because of the sheer quantity of models required back in the day (and still) which never really appealed as much to them as a more limited boardgame, like Shadespire.

All in all I even think that this and RuneWars is what drove the GW and FFG collab apart again as this system does feel very much akin to the systems FFG are working with (including marketing system where collecting them all obtains you more design flexability). Without doubt that's only a compliment though and I think this is the type of game that can really grow on people. 
It also reminds me of the WoW Miniatures Game that was around for a little while, with the added advantage here being that there is no speaking of hidden models where you essentially buy into something without knowing what you get. For most hobbyists that simply doesn't fly either. 

There is a huge market for well fleshed out Skirmish games like this. Age of Sigmar Skirmish is nice in it's own right but the added tactical depth found in this game is simply much higher will all kinds of cards that act as specific buffs or timely boosts. In addition the prime reason I love this is because I really like painting up different models but can't be bothered to do so for Age of Sigmar because in my mind it would also mean that I started that army. Going through 3 to 7 models per Warband is simply said so much easier to do. 

Cheers,

On 26/09/2017 at 6:36 PM, Chris Tomlin said:

Hey guys,

I don't usually do live unboxing videos, but today I wanted to share my excitement as I came home to this little beauty;

IMG_1647.JPG.1d7f193cee437bdea20d3bc58fe256c2.JPG

So I've finally realised where they stole this box art from - its Garen from League of Legends!

Garen.jpg

Archived