AoS intro games

Does anyone know if GW are doing intro games? I know years back they did this for 40k where you could turn up with a unit or two and play alongside and against other newbies to get a feel for the game. Just wanted to know if there was anything like this around as I don't really have the money to fully invest right now but would still like to see if it's for me and start to build an army more slowly

Welcome to the forum!

2 hours ago, mikey said:

You can go to your local gw and ask for a demo game they should have a stormcast and khorne army ready to go for you

This!  Each store tends to do things a bit differently, so best to contact them to ask about beginners games.  I know that Swindon runs certain days and evenings of the month specifically for beginners for example :)

Ask in advance perhaps or get and plan a time in store, but this is definitely a thing they do at the many stores I have been too. Quick and dirty look at how it plays. You tend to get decent talk in store with other people and the manager too about things and its not from such a competitive stand point. Yeah you get the car salesman pitch for anything your even remotely interested in. But the rule of cool is such a decent place to start for a new person, rather than diving into some boring meta list.

45 minutes ago, chord said:

The book that comes with the Starter Set has the best game intro one could want. It starts out with battleplans that build as they go. First is movement and combat, etc.

That isn't what he was asking though. He's after a place to give him an intro game, and asked whether GW did them as standard. Unless you are indirectly offering to run one for him. He also mentions not having the cash to buy stuff without a game or two first, so saying the starter game contents are great is kind of against the point xD

35 minutes ago, Thebiggesthat said:

That isn't what he was asking though. He's after a place to give him an intro game, and asked whether GW did them as standard. Unless you are indirectly offering to run one for him. He also mentions not having the cash to buy stuff without a game or two first, so saying the starter game contents are great is kind of against the point xD

Ah my bad.   O.o

But one can get the book from ebay for dirt cheap and proxy in anything (paper, cups) to learn the rules, etc. 

Archived