Balewind Vortex

Strammefar

Question

Two questions:
- If a Wizard fail to summon a Balewind Vortex, or the spell gets unbinded, does that count as the scenery and 100 points being used? Or may he try again in the next hero phase?
- Is the Balewind Vortex  removed from the game if the Wizard on top dies?

Thanks in advance! :)

6 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, Strammefar said:

Two questions:
- If a Wizard fail to summon a Balewind Vortex, or the spell gets unbinded, does that count as the scenery and 100 points being used? Or may he try again in the next hero phase?
- Is the Balewind Vortex  removed from the game if the Wizard on top dies?

Thanks in advance! :)

doesnt cost, its the same as summoning a unit of troops.

Funnily enough  no, it only goes if the wizard chooses for it to go.

2 hours ago, Marc Wilson said:

I wonder if anyone else had ever clambered upon a recently vacated balewind to take advantage of it? Ha!

I wonder how occupying unused votes work. as it only mention that you can't get closer than 3" but only while a wizard is on top. Does that mean that if a wizard is not on top you can just occupy it the same way you would any other scenery ?

15 minutes ago, Terry Pike said:

I've used one with different wizards before after the one who summoned it was killed. There's nothing to say you cant just "occupy" it and reactive its rules allowing no one to come within 3" of it.

Wonder if anyone has ever put non-wizards on it...

16 hours ago, Xanax Lot said:

I wonder how occupying unused votes work. as it only mention that you can't get closer than 3" but only while a wizard is on top. Does that mean that if a wizard is not on top you can just occupy it the same way you would any other scenery ?

Yes, nothing in the rules prevent it.

Archived