Hobby room storage - What are you doing?

Ben

22 hours ago, Blood&skulls said:

Same. I have boxes scattered about. As long as they are near them that's ok. I requires constant shuffling around though which is a pain. 

I am looking for a place to store larger models such as the bloodthirster safely, that can (preferably) also be used to transport him around. He's not magnetised so putting him into a citadel case is a nightmare. Any suggestions? 

Suggestion for the larger models? Not really, unfortunately.  Unless you have kids - if it is going in their room, I don't have to fight the wife...

18 hours ago, Forgingengineer said:

https://wargamingworkshop.com/gaming/wargaming-room/ 

Is this the same one? Always loved this room!

Not this one- man, that room is unbelievable!

The table for the other one I saw was very much the same, but it was not set in a man cave. Until you opened those drawers full of painted armies and sprues, you would never know that it was set-up for a Warhammer fan. I loved the geek-stealthness...

4 hours ago, WABBIT said:

What do you mean?

Everyone is having fun here. All are positive on topic posts. Perhaps you are misinterpreting posts and bringing your own negativity here?  

umm, you've got the wrong end of the stick there.

The poster / site-owner referred to the fact there isn't an off-topic forum on these boards ( I assume that's what he meant - and I haven't seen one in the list) - which is how I'd very much like to keep it.

5 minutes ago, harrocks said:

umm, you've got the wrong end of the stick there.

The poster / site-owner referred to the fact there isn't an off-topic forum on these boards ( I assume that's what he meant - and I haven't seen one in the list) - which is how I'd very much like to keep it.

Oh I see, yes I misinterpreted your post then. :PStill I wouldn't call discussing storage for our armies Misery? I thinks its very interesting.:D

20 minutes ago, WABBIT said:

Oh I see, yes I misinterpreted your post then. :PStill I wouldn't call discussing storage for our armies Misery? I thinks its very interesting.:D

I guess I haven't put it very well.

I think this thread is great - I don't even see why it would be thought of as off-topic in the first place (although maybe it should be in the painting and modelling forum, thinking about it).

I'm talking about the sort of posts / arguments / aggro etc, etc, that you get in actual 'off-topic forums, and which it's nice this site isn't polluted by imo.

Oh, so it's not just me. It was seriously a Tyranid infestation in this office, I've spread it out a bit in the last month or so. Plan on getting cabinets to have them on display but working with just a bookshelf right now.. two desks, an old microwave stand  and a closet packed with toolboxes, banker boxes and large Tupperware bins full of hobby stuff. I desperately need to install shelves.

Between my stuff, what I inherited from my brother as he quit the hobby, and my wife's and step-daughter's models, it takes up about 3 and a half rooms of space between 2 houses, where I live now, and at my parent's house when I got into the hobby.  This includes all my models, scenery, books, and magazines from about a dozen different editions of wargames and RPGs from the past 8 years.

One of the said rooms was the garage in my current living space.  We had it finished so as to become a gaming room/office, and that's pretty much what it is going to stay.  Anything that we don't want little fingers getting into will stay in that room, and once it's finished, locked from them too.  Hopefully, it will be enough space for everything with the other stuff I want to keep in there (guitar, piano, un-fun-grown-up papers, etc).

I mean, I can assemble a full Space Marine Battle Company of all the models I have ON SPRUE.  I have no idea what I have painted or partially painted at this point. 

So many unfinished models....

Archived