StD and allies

daedalus81

Yeah, I was a little taken aback by that. Was hoping to field the now-cheapish Slaughterbrute and Mutalith. Or maybe they (and Spawn) can be taken as Blades of Khorne and Disciples of Tzeentch allies respectively...

1 hour ago, Roark said:

Yeah, I was a little taken aback by that. Was hoping to field the now-cheapish Slaughterbrute and Mutalith. Or maybe they (and Spawn) can be taken as Blades of Khorne and Disciples of Tzeentch allies respectively...

Slaughterbrute and Mutalith warscrolls were redone a while ago and both given their respective keywords (Khorne and Tzeentch).  You'll have no problem taking these in your army.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2017 at 8:07 PM, Jharen said:

Slaughterbrute and Mutalith warscrolls were redone a while ago and both given their respective keywords (Khorne and Tzeentch).  You'll have no problem taking these in your army.

Just to clarify, there now exist 2 warscrolls for both those monsters. The ones with keywords are found under the Blades of Khorne and Disciples of Tzeentch factions.

I think it's extremely odd that Monsters of Chaos aren't an ally for Slaves to Darkness. They're literally allies for all other Chaos factions apart from Skaven. Yet, GW didn't update it when they wrote the FAQ.

Stranger still since the Slaughterbrute (regular one) explicitly requires a SLAVES TO DARKNESS HERO.

4 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

Stranger still since the Slaughterbrute (regular one) explicitly requires a SLAVES TO DARKNESS HERO.

That has been updated but I get what your hinting at. The current Slaughterbrute requires a Khorne Mortal Hero: https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-slaughterbrute-en.pdf Which makes things easier to do for Slaves to Darkness.

However in the main AoS subforum there is allready enough discussion revolving around Allegiances and Allies attached to it. I completely agree with the notion that many Allied options either dont make much sence or add anything in specific. So far it also seems that the only Allegiances with Allies are the specific (non Grand) Allegiances newly printed in the book.

We'll see how it all pans out. I expect GW to react to it in an upcomming FAQ or Errata. 

37 minutes ago, Killax said:

That has been updated but I get what your hinting at. The current Slaughterbrute requires a Khorne Mortal Hero: https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-slaughterbrute-en.pdf Which makes things easier to do for Slaves to Darkness.

However in the main AoS subforum there is allready enough discussion revolving around Allegiances and Allies attached to it. I completely agree with the notion that many Allied options either dont make much sence or add anything in specific. So far it also seems that the only Allegiances with Allies are the specific (non Grand) Allegiances newly printed in the book.

We'll see how it all pans out. I expect GW to react to it in an upcomming FAQ or Errata. 

There are two warscrolls,  the original is still valid. Check the app and ghb2017.

The khorne one is called slaughterbrute of khorne and is found under blades of khorne. The regular one is still found in monsters of chaos. Both in ghb2017 

48 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

There are two warscrolls,  the original is still valid. Check the app and ghb2017.

The khorne one is called slaughterbrute of khorne and is found under blades of khorne. The regular one is still found in monsters of chaos. Both in ghb2017 

Ah yeah, that makes it even stranger... In that same example I also don't know which Spawn Warscroll we're supposed to use now. I play BoK so dont really care either way but are both variants of Chaos Spawn now legal again or does it standard come with the Tzeentch Keyword?

In any case, as above, I think the way Allied rules are worked out now causes more confusion than it adds exciting elements to the game. Not so much because it's new but simply because the rule in itself could have been as simple as stating that "you can have 400 points of models with the same Grand Allegiance Keyword not matching your chosen Allegiance" and also not benifiting from the chosen Allegiance.

Archived