The final nail in Nurgle's coffin

Broxus

So looking at the new GHB 2.0 it seems no Nurgle daemons received an points reduction, but instead a Tallyband of Nurgle doubled in cost.   Nurgle has been unplayable since the first GHB and with these points you might as well give up and do something else.  I am very salty why these units cost so much for no explainable reason.  Can anyone explain to me why a Hearld of Nurgle costs 100pts still?  I agree Tallyband needed and increae, but now with no points decrease to vary gameplay I give up. 

I miss the South Coast GT points when it felt like Nurgle lists had a chance. 

All warscroll battalions increased in points. It looks like they did it to combat battalions giving you the edge in deployment drops (and hence getting to dictate the first turn).

We'll find out in the next year whether or not battalions are still a thing (and if they're not, GW will probably real in the nerf a bit).

What's wrong with the Herald of Nurgle at 100 points? Seems fine to me, decent attack profile, tough, no command ability but feels like a 100 point hero.

Nurgle just got a new hero announced in Blightwar, along with new allegiance abilities and battalions, which is an active point of discussion in the Blightwar thread and the Rumour thread. 

Death Guard in 40k are the faction focus for September, just like Tzeentch were in January - a release that came just before they got a whole slew of rules and models for AoS.

I think you're jumping the gun a little. Litt to no news in GHB17 is good for armies, because it suggest a more comprehensive release down the line. Given the Death Guard stuff, probably means in the next few weeks.

Would be a shame for you to give up on the eve of the Grandfather's bumper harvest. 

This sort of negativity is a bit premature. We've not read GHB17 yet, none of us have played any games with all the changes, and, most importantly perhaps, it looks like we've got a battletome coming soon. All will be well I'm sure. With all the changes coming, Nurgley buffs might make the herald a slimy beast! 

Additionally, there's already a thread for this type of general 'how are Nurgle doing' discussion here:

Archived