What to do with all these square bases

Moldek

Just curious if anyone has done something interesting with their square bases. I like the look of the round ones better now that there's no ranks, and would stupidly feel a bit off using square bases. But I'm inheriting a hit ton of WFB figures from my brother's old armies, and I'm left with at least a hundred of them. Has anyone found a good use for these? Maybe as some kind of big stone slabs on terrain?

I use them for test bases before I do my actual bases.  I also use them for gluing models I'm painting before pinning them on their actual bases.  If you cut the rims off them, you could use them to make tile floors for scenery.

11 hours ago, Moldek said:

@Josh that might come in handy when I actually start playing :P
@Redking I think I'm gonna try the tile floor thing, if I find a way to cut them that's quick and efficient, cheers!

Clippers should work fine.  You can then file the edges.  Albeit, plasticard would certainly be easier, you might as well use what you have.  20mm bases would also work as tile floors on your models bases.  Just line then up and trim away the excess.  You could then paint them as marble or any other pattern.

If it's tiles on a raised surface it would most likely be easier to push them into some foam and then (is needed) fill up the space in between with a bit of putty. 

But yeah that's the only this I could think of as well. But mine are mostly slotted bases which offers the next challenge. 

Archived