Path to Glory - BCR battleplan ideas

Husslehoff

Hi all,

Hopefully I've put this in the right place.

My friend and I have recently started afresh with AOS, with skirmish and PTG being great entry level stuff.

I've bought the Nurgle 'Start collecting set' and he the Beastclaw raiders.

We're aiming to do a Path to Glory style campaign.

The initial issue is of course the warband make up of the two forces. (instantly rules Skirmish out!)

For starting warbands in PTG, his Frostlord of Stonehorn is a single model, wheras my warband has between 3/4 units.

Does anyone have good suggestions for some initial battleplans for our first few games? I want the games to be as fun as possible and I think some objective based ones may be a struggle to start.

Any ideas at all would be great.

Thanks,

I haven't actually played PTG nor do I own the books. But I wonder if the fact that BCR units are so strong won't make up for it. Wouldn't it be possible that your 3 or 4 units struggle to stay alive against a Frostlord on Stonehorn? The thing does mortal wounds upon charging and has a ton of attacks. It seems to me like most battleplans would be fair, just asymmetrical. You would focus on staying alive and playing the objectives while his focus would be on eliminating all your units. You don't think it would work well this way?

Hi all, Hopefully I've put this in the right place.

My friend and I have recently started afresh with AOS, with skirmish and PTG being great entry level stuff.

I've bought the Nurgle 'Start collecting set' and he the Beastclaw raiders.

We're aiming to do a Path to Glory style campaign.

The initial issue is of course the warband make up of the two forces. (instantly rules Skirmish out!)

For starting warbands in PTG, his Frostlord of Stonehorn is a single model, wheras my warband has between 3/4 units.

Head to Page 84 in PtG for using the Start Collecting Boxes. (No Tzeentch isn't in there ... use the rules in the earlier section.)

Page 88 of PtG gives you the rules for the Start Collecting BCR

In short: You start with the box, get the stone horn and the 4 followers but then need 12 Glory Points or 5 more followers recruited before you can attempt to win with the SC:BCR box.

If you'd like to try some Skirmish, there are "completely unofficial points" in this thread:

Age of Sigmar Skirmish - Full Points List

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=1442257&share_tid=9851&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Etga%2Ecommunity%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F9851-Age-of-Sigmar-Skirmish---Full-Points-List&share_type=t

On 8/9/2017 at 6:27 AM, Husslehoff said:

Thanks guys. I'm hoping the power of the stonehorn will be offset against the objective based scenarios, so hopefully it will work.

Else my fledling Nurgle warband are just going to take a beating!

Cheers

It seems to me that if he's running just a stonehorn, then your victory in the first battleplan is almost guaranteed. He has only one unit and you win by controlling three out of four objectives. How will he stop you from controlling 3 out of 4 with a single unit?

If he's running the start collecting box then...good luck.

Yeah we're going to just run the Stonehorn as per the PTG list. Makes it more fun to add stuff. I think you're right in the start collecting box will just run over me!

Sounds good! Keep us up to date on how the Path to Glory goes! (And take some pics to share! it's always good to see stuff on the table :) )

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2017 at 2:33 PM, Kramer said:

The scenario's in the ptg booklet are fun and a lot of battleplans from other sources can be easily changed to fit ptg?

This.

GW excels at Scenario play as does AoS in general as that is what it is.  A Scenario game at heart.  So the scenarios provided will be fun.  

Archived