Which Allies Would You Like To Include in Your Army?

On 8/6/2017 at 9:09 PM, Trout said:

A butcher or firebelly painted like a bcr is the obvious choice for this.

This is good advice. I just wish I could find a butcher with cauldron that doesn't look gross and dumb. :( I'll need extreme conversion, trying to find an alternative model or two to build out of. I love the forgeworld Troll Brute, but it's more gargant sized that ogor. Maybe an Ironblaster without the cannon?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, heywoah_twitch said:

This is good advice. I just wish I could find a butcher with cauldron that doesn't look gross and dumb. :( I'll need extreme conversion, trying to find an alternative model or two to build out of. I love the forgeworld Troll Brute, but it's more gargant sized that ogor. Maybe an Ironblaster without the cannon?

What's wrong with the model? This is in my list of things to buy. Should I reconsider?

2 hours ago, Trout said:

What's wrong with the model? This is in my list of things to buy. Should I reconsider?

Not at all, I'm venting due to personal preference.

I think it looks dumb. Aggressively dumb, in a gross way. Who could drag a cauldron (without wheels) half the size of his body around a battlefield and still fight? Apparently a goofy, obese ogor who's got no arms. Yes, it's a game of undead skeletons and orruk wizards, but my suspension of disbelief just can't deal with Butcher+Cauldron's model.

I've ordered two Grot Scraplaunchers I'll be heavily modifying to fit both the BCR motif and at least a semblance of functional battlefield sanity.

Curiously they are bringing out new box sets of 'allies' worth 400 points, which includes a box containing an arachnarok spider and 10 spider riders, and I thought 400 points only gets you the arachnarok and FIVE spider riders. Maybe they're changing the points values, or making special 'allied contingents' with a discounted combined value. 

1 hour ago, Sheriff said:

Curiously they are bringing out new box sets of 'allies' worth 400 points, which includes a box containing an arachnarok spider and 10 spider riders, and I thought 400 points only gets you the arachnarok and FIVE spider riders. Maybe they're changing the points values, or making special 'allied contingents' with a discounted combined value. 

I think it will be that different Arachnarok loadouts will have different points.

Mostly Moulder and Verminus for my Skryre amry. But i look forward to experimenting alot with allies from all the different great-mighty clans! Also allie some deathlords/mages with my Deathrattle. Even thinking about starting a deathlords allied with deathrattle as BL if thats possible?

Archived