Changes to Flesh Eater Courts in GHB 2017

Jgregs

Also what do you guys think about the points bump to the Deadwatch battalion? I have run it before to some good results.  However, I thought it was a little pricey at 160.  With the new cost at what 210, I am not sure it is a go.  Maybe I am just struggling to view all the battalion hikes in perspective but this one seems like it hurts a lot.

5 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

Gotcha.  Those look great by the way. Knocking it out of the park with those conversions.

3 minutes ago, choocheelo said:

Yeah.. they are awsome :3

Thanks guys! Yeah, the ghouls are by far the most time-consuming conversions, hence my desire to build an army around Crypt Horrors! I've heard good things about Crypt Horrors, but whether an army that uses them to replace ghouls as its core troops will work well on the battlefield I don't know.

Also what do you guys think about the points bump to the Deadwatch battalion? I have run it before to some good results.  However, I thought it was a little pricey at 160.  With the new cost at what 210, I am not sure it is a go.  Maybe I am just struggling to view all the battalion hikes in perspective but this one seems like it hurts a lot.

Whaaat?! 160 flayers 140 infernal [emoji32]

Отправлено с моего ONEPLUS A3003 через Tapatalk

Owww my... 210 deadwatch .. oh... ooohh...

The flying circus can still be played... Just the battalion that goes up by 50 and a GKoZD goes up by 40. I don't think it's that earth shattering to have a +90p nerf to something that was pretty good before. 

It'll also depend on how good the FEC's artifacts are I guess. 

Flesh-Eater Courts look to have a turn 1 charge with the Ghoul Patrol now.  The Patrol's 9' inch away deployment plus the new item that grants a one time plus 3' to charge to all units within 6' of the hero its on (Ghast Courtier in this case) seems to get 90 or 120 ghouls in your face on turn one.  You can even push the odds up more with the reroll 1 on charge rolls derangement.

Not sure if this is great but it has me pretty excited.  Will see how it plays.

14 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

Flesh-Eater Courts look to have a turn 1 charge with the Ghoul Patrol now.  The Patrol's 9' inch away deployment plus the new item that grants a one time plus 3' to charge to all units within 6' of the hero its on (Ghast Courtier in this case) seems to get 90 or 120 ghouls in your face on turn one.  You can even push the odds up more with the reroll 1 on charge rolls derangement.

Not sure if this is great but it has me pretty excited.  Will see how it plays.

And not only it, if combined woth the summoning trait can be really interesting. And it's quite useful for Alpha strikes quite crazy (es GkoTG\DZ)

9 minutes ago, deynon said:

And not only it, if combined woth the summoning trait can be really interesting. And it's quite useful for Alpha strikes quite crazy (es GkoTG\DZ)

Yes the List practically makes itself:

Ghoul King on Terrorghiest (double command summon artifact) 

Ghast Coutier (one time charge plus 3 artifact)

Crypt Horror 3

Crypt Horror 3

Ghouls 40

Ghouls 40

Ghouls 40

Ghoul Patrol

Low drops so you have turn 1 hopefully.  Move in Ghoul Patrol, summon in two units of Crypt Horrors. Proceed to smash.

Fun times

6 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

Yes the List practically makes itself:

Ghoul King on Terrorghiest (double command summon artifact) 

Ghast Coutier (one time charge plus 3 artifact)

Ghouls 40

Ghouls 40

Ghouls 40

Ghoul Patrol

L

rember that anyway you can't summon the same unit. And ypu have to consider the space from the border that you can use: using 40 ghouls units limits quite a lot the options you have, they are too big

2 minutes ago, deynon said:

You have to consider the space from the border that you can use: using 40 ghouls units limits quite a lot the options you have, they are too big

The space could definitely be an issue and terrain heavy boards could bog you down, but man it sounds fun.  I was mainly thinking units of 40 ghouls to get the discount but 30 might be better given the space limitations.  Will be fun to test.

Just now, TheWilddog said:

The space could definitely be an issue and terrain heavy boards could bog you down, but man it sounds fun.  I was mainly thinking units of 40 ghouls to get the discount but 30 might be better given the space limitations.  Will be fun to test.

i'd use only a unit of 40, then the pther of 10-20 maximum

Just now, TheWilddog said:

will be fun to paint... =)))

Archived