My Ironjawz

Yara

I already have a long-standing Orc and Goblin army painting blog over at Da Warpath, but having just got back into AoS following the death of the Old World I thought I would share the new additions here too.

I've always loved the Black Orc models and I had a big unit of them as the core of my WFB army:

bo-all-dark-2.jpg

When the Ironjawz were released I was blown away by the idea of an army where Black Orcs were the smallest and weediest troop option, so I went a little crazy ordering a bunch of the new stuff :) I won't be rebasing any of my existing models so I'll be starting from scratch....well, all except a couple of extra Black Orcs I had that didn't fit into the unit pictured above. I think they look pretty spiffy on their new round bases:

orc-aos_zpsymemjwmo.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thank you everybody for the extremely warm welcome!

On 25/05/2016 at 2:47 PM, cb_rex said:

Great to see you on here Yara, I'm looking forward to your Ironjawz!

Cheers, cb_rex. Seeing you were over here was a major push in getting me to sign up!

So, a little progress. I am a very slow painter, so unfortunately updates here will be somewhat sporadic. Nevertheless, I have finished my first of the new Ironjawz: a Warchanter. In keeping with my existing Black Orcs (and how I intend to paint my new ones) I've gone for a deliberately plain, workman-like appearance:

drummer1_zpsygzq7ckg.jpg

Here he is from a lower angle:

drummer2_zpsyxer03vh.jpg

I'm not sure what I think about this model. I appreciate the craziness of it, as that's how I like my Orcs/Orruks, but I really struggle painting horns and bone. He also seems to be lacking sculpted claws and toe-nails, which I found odd. I painted them on, but looking at the pictures again I should probably tone them down with wash as they're a little too bright and clean.

Thanks again for reading!

• 1 month later...

I recently attended the Regiments of Renown event at Warhammer World. Inspired by buying the new Storm of Sigmar starter set, I went for a bit of a change from painting green skin and instead thought I'd try my hand at shiny armour. Here are some of my Stormcast on one of the WHW tables:

hammers_zpschenjxw9.jpg

The event was really good fun and it was nice to be able to paint some completely different models without the pressure of having to do an entire army. Will probably have a go at painting the Bloodbound from the same set too.

Archived