First thoughts on Path to glory. What are yours?

Kramer

2 minutes ago, bottle said:

Although it seems confusing now, I think the GHBII will clear everything up. Followers from outside your allegiance can just be treated the same as allies:

AoSGenHandbookPreview_Image1s.jpg

Woah! First time seeing this. Interesting change.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[mention=853]Sadysaneto[/mention] nice catch. [emoji4] I apparently need more coffee.

Something to consider, is that it appears that there are no "Allegiance abilities" (from the Generals Handbook) in play and that all rewards are handled through the Champion and Follower rewards table.

At no point in the creation process are Allegiance Abilities mentioned, and Battletraits, Command Traits and Artefacts of Power.

Skirmish explicitly mentioned it, (unlike PtG, which did not) and neither of the PtG lists on Warhammer.tv mention command traits or Artefacts. (Though I didn't get an opportunity to watch the game to see if they used Battletraits)

3 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

[mention=853]Sadysaneto[/mention] nice catch. emoji4.png I apparently need more coffee.

Something to consider, is that it appears that there are no "Allegiance abilities" (from the Generals Handbook) in play and that all rewards are handled through the Champion and Follower rewards table.

At no point in the creation process are Allegiance Abilities mentioned, and Battletraits, Command Traits and Artefacts of Power.

Skirmish explicitly mentioned it, (unlike PtG, which did not) and neither of the PtG lists on Warhammer.tv mention command traits or Artefacts. (Though I didn't get an opportunity to watch the game to see if they used Battletraits)

I thought the GHB itself mentioned you can use Allegiance Abilities etc...  outside of Matched Play. Like it's not a "Matched Play only" thing.

@TheOtherJosh if you look back in this thread you'll see a post I made that shows allegiance abilities are in play. My example showed that one of the Khorne Champion rewards allows you to gain a Blood Tithe point which is the allegiance ability in the Blades of Khorne Battletome. I believe there are other references, Kharadron Overlords or the Fyreslayers have something if I remember rightly. To that extent I would say that artefacts can probably be taken too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

@TheOtherJosh if you look back in this thread you'll see a post I made that shows allegiance abilities are in play. My example showed that one of the Khorne Champion rewards allows you to gain a Blood Tithe point which is the allegiance ability in the Blades of Khorne Battletome. I believe there are other references, Kharadron Overlords or the Fyreslayers have something if I remember rightly. To that extent I would say that artefacts can probably be taken too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

A "once per battle" ability doesn't imply that the everything else is used.

Tzeentch has a single die used for destiny dice equivalent.

An ability to call on a single "destiny die" or a single blood tithe point doesn't imply the rest of the list.

I'm on the fence with the Allegiance abilities being potentially overpowering in combination with the rest of the rewards in play.

What leads me to say "no" is that the army isn't lead by a "General" but a "Champion". And the traits/artefacts specifically refer to being chosen after "choosing your general" ...

There are quite a few mentions to various aspects of Allegiance Abilities being used. He's a list of them I compiled on the last page:

On 2017년 7월 25일 at 10:39 AM, bottle said:

Just to cement that Allegiance Abilites are in full effect, here are some more examples I found:

IMG_2726.JPG.07923371695e268ceac511cceaddff2e.JPGIMG_2725.JPG.cc98404679b9a05168381d0703b8439c.JPGIMG_2729.JPG.ede35919730a62ca0224d2db68b5372d.JPGIMG_2727.JPG.282231b6b2d81e01d691c96f6a822183.JPG

You're right that the Khorne and Tzeentch ones in isolation don't explicitly mean Allegiance Abilities are in play, but when you look at the above you can presume (1) artefacts are in play (2) spells are in play (3) other specifics like Footnotes and Endrinworks are in play too.

It would seem odd for only some of the Allegiance Abilities to be used right? I would presume every aspect of them is used. It would be great if the book clarified this though.

There are quite a few mentions to various aspects of Allegiance Abilities being used. He's a list of them I compiled on the last page:
You're right that the Khorne and Tzeentch ones in isolation don't explicitly mean Allegiance Abilities are in play, but when you look at the above you can presume (1) artefacts are in play (2) spells are in play (3) other specifics like Footnotes and Endrinworks are in play too.
It would seem odd for only some of the Allegiance Abilities to be used right? I would presume every aspect of them is used. It would be great if the book clarified this though.

And why is it that the Rewards for chaos are that "meh" in comparison to what is in play for Order...

Seriously, one of the Khorne "Lesser Rewards" is a Collar of Khorne, which is identical to the Artefact of Power, "Collar of Khorne"....

It would be nice to have a FAQ or designers notes to clarify.

Archived