Immortal Realms; Shattered Shards (floating islands coming to Kickstarter!)

10 minutes ago, stato said:

Sounds ace.  I was thinking use Realmgate rules for transport to the rock surface, so unit must be wholly within 6" of the base in Hero Phase (so takes a turn to prepare for the climb), but always a risk the unstable magics could tear your fighter apart in the process of elevating them up. Flying (or magic movement) models could just fly up there but obviously measuring from the ground to the surface of the rock.

If you really wanted to ramp up the insanity, you could start out with a standard game but each round the ground ruptures and creates a floating rock. Anything where the rock comes from is automatically shot up. Perhaps the objectives themselves cause this instability. The Realmgate rules are used for travel, and the objectives have Arcane, making the Battleplan both centered on Flying and Wizards. It could be called "Gifts in the Sky".

Slightly gutted that this is only for 3d files.  I'd been looking forward to backing this Kickstarter, I love the look of the terrain and wanted to put a scattering of it onto my table.  I just find it really weird that there isn't any option to purchase a pre-printed or (better still) resin version.  I an understand that it removes the amount of effort required to ship across the world and quite a few people have 3d printers.  Think I'll wait to see who's purchased a commercial license and what they're selling them for!

2 hours ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

These would be interesting if you made a custom ''aerial' scenario, where objectives are either up top on the rocks, or in the sky themselves. Units with Fly could take part in high-altitude combat, allowing for recreation of the artwork in the KO book. The rocks themselves could take rules from the scenery table in the AoS rules, perhaps making the rods Arcane in addition to being magical elevators.

I would love to play on a table like this!

5 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Slightly gutted that this is only for 3d files.  I'd been looking forward to backing this Kickstarter, I love the look of the terrain and wanted to put a scattering of it onto my table.  I just find it really weird that there isn't any option to purchase a pre-printed or (better still) resin version.  I an understand that it removes the amount of effort required to ship across the world and quite a few people have 3d printers.  Think I'll wait to see who's purchased a commercial license and what they're selling them for!

Totally agree, I went on there all excited and ready to pledge for this high quality resin terrain that people are talking about...only to find you can't actually buy the terrain, just the STL file. 

Yeah, let's see what happens with those commercial licenses, although then you're getting into variable quality concerns I guess - something printed by a third party may or may not be of the same quality as the ones Chris T has been sent by the guys themselves.

Archived