2000 Skaven Army

Kugane

Hello,

I want to make a new skaven 2k list now that I have Sayl on the way. This army is 1960 points right now, but I'm uncertain what I should add or replace. I did consider using a Verminlord Warbringer instead of the deceiver and take 40 Clanrats instead of 30, but I'm uncertain if it would add as much value as the deceiver does.

Allegiance: Chaos
Heroes
Skaven Warlord (100) - Warpforged Blade
Tretch Craventail (100) - General
Verminlord Deceiver (320) - Artefact : Crown of Conquest
Sayl The Faithless (160)
Units
30 x Clanrats (180) -Rusty Spear
10 x Clanrats (60) -Rusty Blade
10 x Clanrats (60) -Rusty Blade
3 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (180)
3 x Stormfiends (300) -Warpfire Projectors
30 x Stormvermin (420) -Halberd
Battalions
Verminus Clawpack (80)
Total: 1960/ 2000
Heroes: 4/6    Battlelines: 4 (3+)    Behemoths: 1/4    Artillery: 0/4

Nice, almost identical to my list, though I went with Warbringer and a ratling gun for the third weapon team.

Based on the advice I got, you can put 30 those last 40 points to use with some giant rats. 30pts for six. Use for screening or objectives.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

I don't play Skaven personally, just against them quite a bit.  Thought I'd drop my thoughts here for what it's worth.

While I'd normally recommend a Verminlord Deceiver purely for Skitterleap, I don't personally see much use for it here with Sayl in the mix.  Grab the Warbringer and use his Deathfrenzy on the Stormvermin, coupled with Hack-hack, Slash-slash from Tretch, then fling them at your opponent with Sayl.  After that's done causing all sorts of misery to your opponent fling the Stormvermin at them with Sayl.

11 hours ago, Dead_Ghost said:

Nice, almost identical to my list, though I went with Warbringer and a ratling gun for the third weapon team.

Based on the advice I got, you can put 30 those last 40 points to use with some giant rats. 30pts for six. Use for screening or objectives.

Thank you for your feedback! Going for giant rats is a really odd option, but it might just work. I kind of wanted to work some giant rats into Skaven, this might be the chance to do so haha.

10 hours ago, Jharen said:

I don't play Skaven personally, just against them quite a bit.  Thought I'd drop my thoughts here for what it's worth.

While I'd normally recommend a Verminlord Deceiver purely for Skitterleap, I don't personally see much use for it here with Sayl in the mix.  Grab the Warbringer and use his Deathfrenzy on the Stormvermin, coupled with Hack-hack, Slash-slash from Tretch, then fling them at your opponent with Sayl.  After that's done causing all sorts of misery to your opponent fling the Stormvermin at them with Sayl.

Thank you for the advice. You have a point about Sayl throwing stuff forward making Skitterleap quite redundant. Also, the fact that Skitterleap only targets heroes is a bit of a downer, making it pretty much only castable on itself and the odd time you want to teleport Tretch or a Warlord. I personally like the Deceiver because it can cloak itself from incoming attacks much better than the Warbringer can. But the Deathfrenzy + Hack-hack Slash-slash combo seems quite crazy damage-wise. I hope I can find a Glaive to replace the Star on my Deceiver (my Glaive hand broke beyond repair haha), or simply opt the Deceiver as a Counts-as unit.

Yeah, I certainly didn't think of it, and 9 times out of 10 I bet they wont do anything of use, but there'll be that game where they outnumber at an objective and win it for you and you'll have beaten your opponent with 30pts of giant rats [emoji23]

As for the Star, I'm sure only the most ball breaker opponent or TO would object to counts as for a single giant model with a different weapon!

21 hours ago, Dead_Ghost said:

Yeah, I certainly didn't think of it, and 9 times out of 10 I bet they wont do anything of use, but there'll be that game where they outnumber at an objective and win it for you and you'll have beaten your opponent with 30pts of giant rats emoji23.png

As for the Star, I'm sure only the most ball breaker opponent or TO would object to counts as for a single giant model with a different weapon!

It would be funny. I'm thinking to give them some over the top scenic bases XD.

20 hours ago, Professor Clio said:

I like the warbringer. It synergizes well the with the verminus clawpack. I personally forgo the sayl/stormfiend combo and use warp ligthning canons instead, but that's purely a fluff choice on my end.

I have 1 warplightning cannon I am yet to paint that I was considering to put into here. I was thinking to pick a few more cannons up, but with Skyfires being a thing it feels like a waste of money. Skaven doesn't seem to be performing particularly well either as of late, so I'm kind of wondering if I should invest in a Chaos focused army instead.

Yeah it's not a top army, but it can compete and the randomness is hilarious. Rolling 6s on warpfire throwers and watching your 60 point model put 6 mortal wounds is almost as funny to me as watching said model kill itself in a loud warp stone accident. Just got to embrace the randomness and accept that sometimes youll get rolled. 

Archived