returning to Warhammer - Legions of blood

tib2

Hi all,

Im returning to the game and have two ideas for 2k lists.  As you can see I've got a vampire theme I'd like to retain.  Please give feedback, changes and play style tips where possible!

Prince Vhordrai

VLOZD

5x Direwolves

5x Direwolves

5x Direwolves

5x Blood Knights

5x Blood Knights

5x Blood Knights

Castellans of the Crimson Keep

or

Prince Vhordrai

VL on nightmare

Bloodseeker palaquinn

5x Direwolves

5x Direwolves

5x Direwolves

5x Blood Knights

5x Blood Knights

5x Blood Knights

Can you also advise on whether people would recommend a bloodseeker palaquinn or Coven Throne on the 2nd list?

As always your feedback is greatly appreciated!

cheers

Tib

Yeah, the VLoZD is insane with LoB. The extra Dragon Maw attack is especially nasty if you pop Dread Knight on him. 

Personally I would only run one dragon though, and use the points for the other one for a bit more varied support. It's up to you though. 

Have no experience with the throne...

i personally prefer list 1, would suggest to drop the battalion for +5 wolves to one unit. While the set up is at the BEGINNING of the movement phase, you can get screwed through area denial. You also have to set up the whole battalion and the reroll buff, while being quite nice only affects units within 15“. So, more or less control of one side but the mighty hammer is predictable.

might even degrade the prince to a second vlozd for another 5 puppies to get more regenerating objective grabbers/defenders. But those are just untrialed and untrained opinions

Playing long side setup with the keep in the opponents backyard, this is going to be a slaughter fest... except he is playing a 60 zombie picket fence line denying your whole set up...

I'd bail on the Battalion as well.  70 pts is a lot and the BK+Wolf build seems like it doesn't need the extra very situational extra mobility.  Looks like people are feeling a lot of love for Vamps these days!  I've got a similar list I'm building towards. 

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum of deadkitten. I'd keep that battalion if it indeed allows for an extra CP/artifact. 

Either way, you'll have a bit of fun with those lists. I do feel Blood Knights are a smidge too expensive in points now though with their loss of regeneration... but their charge is all the more nasty for it.

I personally like the coven throne more than the bloodseeker palanquin, especially as a general since it's more survivable due to it's spell. 

57 minutes ago, Elmir said:

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum of deadkitten. I'd keep that battalion if it indeed allows for an extra CP/artifact. 

Either way, you'll have a bit of fun with those lists. I do feel Blood Knights are a smidge too expensive in points now though with their loss of regeneration... but their charge is all the more nasty for it.

I personally like the coven throne more than the bloodseeker palanquin, especially as a general since it's more survivable due to it's spell. 

I did forget about the extra artifact.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 7:07 PM, tib2 said:

Hi all,

Im returning to the game and have two ideas for 2k lists.  As you can see I've got a vampire theme I'd like to retain.  Please give feedback, changes and play style tips where possible!

Prince Vhordrai

VLOZD

5x Direwolves

5x Direwolves

5x Direwolves

5x Blood Knights

5x Blood Knights

5x Blood Knights

or

Prince Vhordrai

VL on nightmare

Bloodseeker palaquinn

5x Direwolves

5x Direwolves

5x Direwolves

5x Blood Knights

5x Blood Knights

5x Blood Knights

Can you also advise on whether people would recommend a bloodseeker palaquinn or Coven Throne on the 2nd list?

As always your feedback is greatly appreciated!

cheers

Tib

Have you been running this?  Had any success?  What artifacts are you running?

Archived