Slaves to Slaanesh

kaaras

Greetings hobby-landers. 

Some of you may have seen my progress on Balogog's war host, a mixed orruk destruction army that I have thoroughly enjoyed up until recently, so they are getting a rest for a while. In their stead will be this blog for a while, my Slaves to Slaanesh. I have had a chaos army for a long while now, and haven't really gotten around to much of it (ok, thats not strictly true, but they have been languishing for some time). So it is time to rectify this. My current holdings for chaos are very long, but my core will look something like:

Keeper of Secrets (its actually an exalted greater daemon, but I think I will just use it as a generic KoS, happy for advice here)

30 Daemonettes

10 Hellstriders

30 Warriors of Chaos

After this I am out of ideas. I have plenty to choose from and don't really want to buy anything else (the start collecting box will come at some stage) but this should keep me busy for a while. Would love to find a way to work the warqueen in just for the thematic part, and she is such a great model. Anyway, as I get some photos together I will upload them here. If anyone has advice I am all ears on how to build these guys up to a decent force. I would ideally like to keep the mortal/daemon mix fairly even.

Thanks for checking in and happy hobby-ing.

@S133arcanite Yes 2k would be about normal. I have about 4k or more of actual stuff to use, but not all of it fits into the allegiance which is a bit irritating (would love to have me some dragon ogor allies, alas it is not to be...). Any particular reason for the Exalted over the KoS? Big points differential.

56 minutes ago, kaaras said:

@S133arcanite Yes 2k would be about normal. I have about 4k or more of actual stuff to use, but not all of it fits into the allegiance which is a bit irritating (would love to have me some dragon ogor allies, alas it is not to be...). Any particular reason for the Exalted over the KoS? Big points differential.

I didn't know that you had some other stuff...

I added the Exalted so there was less stuff to buy

Yep fair play. Probably should have put that up front. On the shelf there are:

40 marauders

10 knights

6 dragon ogors and shaggoth

Giant

Hell cannon

2 chariots

10 marauder horsemen

Lord on manticore and about 9 other heroes of various flavours

Daemon prince

Probably some other stuff that i can't remember.

Edit: stuff I can now see...

Warshrine

Gaunt Summoner

Ogroid Thaumaturge

10 war puppies

• 2 weeks later...

So, some painting. Not finished but a WIP. 

Daemonettes (first 20)

20180422_103452.jpg.fe932cb5317b09a3c30f191e371e86fb.jpg

Not the best pic but you get the idea. Another poor pic of our favourite hedonist, its Sigvald.

5adc3412c07a1_2014-12-0319_42_36.jpg.e0c894723182e54897cd124f42086c30.jpg

Poor picture, great model. Do love this guy. Yes, still on a square, haven't gotten around to that yet... 

More to come soon.

Interested to see where this project goes. Followed!

Also if you want to have a lot of StD within your army then chaos chosen and sorcerers are super useful!

Seekers & Chaos knights are also worth looking at for some hard hitting stuff. I'm sure there are plenty of really cool demon prince conversions you could do for slaanesh if you're into conversions & kitbashes (I've been converting the 40k yncarne into a demon princess myself)

@Lightbox thanks for chiming in, appreciate the feedback. I looked at Seekers and agree, i think there is some mileage to made out of them as a front line assault mechanism. I was also thinking of using my Knights or Marauder Horsemen as counts as Seekers, as the lore states that many a searching for their missing prince, and Seekers of Slaanesh taken quite literally could be any model to my mind from a thematic perspective. I think it would be the knights as they are pretty expensive for what they do, tough and all but maybe don't hit as hard as you would expect (well, haven't for me anyway).

Something finished: my first batch of daemonettes:

20180427_150836.jpg.fbf851b7f854b0dcfb0146e20705539a.jpg

I think they turned out ok and the base makes them a bit brighter. Only 20 more to go; however, going to finish the warshrine next. Do 10 troops, then a character or similar, another 10. Might eventually churn through the majority of it that way...

Edit: whilst I think about it, what are some ideas for chosen for slaanesh? Do we hold out until the inevitable new models come in a year or so (speculation only) or are there some good ideas for counts as? I am thinking of using the Dark Elf Executioners as a base, and I have some Dark Eldar stuff floating around that I might be able to mix in. 

• 1 month later...

So, like everyone life happens and hobby doesn't but here is some progress:

One Warshrine complete bar the base...

warshrine1.jpg.d22feff0dc046b469558e773c599278f.jpg

warshrine2.jpg.f0741c0f251a6e578000774b56bea87d.jpg

To show off the rest of the collection, here is what is painted for the force so far. I know this will be a Slaanesh thing but I like my Chaos mortals as well, so I can flop between Slaanesh and Slaves as I feel...

First, the warriors and forsaken (one big block now)

warriors.jpg.4dde7b1b2533b3e4343f41e331664d51.jpg

Have to finish basing these guys as well but will get around to it. Next up, hero alley:

heroes.jpg.c4a6e4c48bd5aec2ff9f9551802bfc68.jpg

Bit blurry but we have a Marauder Sorcerer, Darkoath Chieftain and Warqueen, Amber Wizard now Chaos Sorcerer Lord (coz he looks Marauder-esque as well) and Wulfrik. Sigvald is above, plus there is a Chaos Lord, Lord on Manticore (both variants), a Shaggoth and of course the Exalted Greater Daemon of Slaanesh all unpainted. Bit hero heavy perhaps...

Anyway, that will do. More to follow soon.

Thanks @Tzaangor Management. Think its more good luck than good planning, but the effect works pretty well. Anyway, here are a bunch of other things I have already painted for this army:

First up, the Sklee her/himself:

egdos.jpg.7c113d093f17ad2810a8e36c756683f2.jpgegdos1.jpg.b03a0aa5fb4f2d786e8a8ea7554aa6b5.jpg

Still really scared of messing this up so haven't started yet. Will one day have the confidence to take it, or will run out of excuses. Next, the junior partner, the daemon prince:

daemonprince.jpg.7aac1e250b0a0aa028489a901ea2e296.jpg

Think he looks pretty good. Another big fella, the chaos giant who doubles down as a daemonic mount occasionally:

chaosgiant.jpg.64c331334eb6a1148d8dbd6f8788b55a.jpg

And another cool thing that doesn't fit any more but really wish it did:

hellcannon.jpg.7846ca759fc574c3cc1c76f03d3465ab.jpg

The dwarves are back there too. I took the chain things off the ground so its easier to transport. Probably my favourite models in the range:

drogres.jpg.124cf29bfea2d83230946bb7f170e00e.jpg

Hoping that the new edition drops these guys enough to add the other three and a shaggoth into 400 points for an allied detachment. Or I need a small beastmen army to make it work... next, my marauder horsemen:

mhm.jpg.12182af8eff93a7676d0b274b5201224.jpg

Test model for my chaos knights. Only 8.5 to go...

knight.jpg.054ed9ee4463261c9c1545796d54db80.jpg

The heroes:

wulfrik_sorc.jpg.e98aef61266107ecea5baca9988c1e53.jpg

chieftain.jpg.a84a8c584117a61f7ae385b66f82820a.jpg

Thats probably enough for one day.

• 4 months later...

So I have no real updates other than I am still alive. I have started a new paint scheme as I am a little over pink and wanted the option to play a bit more of a Slaves list. With the impending Slaanesh releases and potentially new Darkoath at some point in the next year or so (who knows) its a good time to be a mortal chaos player. My current list looks like:

Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore

Chaos Sorcerer

Lord on Daemonic Mount

30 Warriors

10 Knights

3 Chariots

3 Varanguard or a Keeper of Secrets just coz...

Very much from the old days of fantasy, big block of bodies and some knights to do the heavy lifting. Probably won't do much but if I can get through this lot I will have a very nice army...

Archived