Board Wear?

Mr. White

No not really, wouldn't care too much about it either. What you could do to prevent any boardwear is walk around with a clear pvc sheet and have a larger mousemat below it but in all honesty this is akin to protecting your playing board from gaming with Age of Sigmar. For the game damaged boards are a non-issue unless they are litterly missing parts of the board ;) 

I also think that if players expect very rough play you could still make something very awesome with a regular PVC sheet and basically replicate the boards.

@Gaz Taylor did Blood and Glory also mention something about different boards? I mean we saw a lot of cool scenery ideas allready but I also think different printed boards could be really cool. Imagne an arena for Khorne, graveyard for Sepulchral guard, scrapcamp for Orruks etc. :) 

14 minutes ago, Killax said:

@Gaz Taylor did Blood and Glory also mention something about different boards? I mean we saw a lot of cool scenery ideas allready but I also think different printed boards could be really cool. Imagne an arena for Khorne, graveyard for Sepulchral guard, scrapcamp for Orruks etc. :) 

Not that I heard. It's a cool idea but not sure it would commercially be viable as well as it would impact Matched Play rules. Its possible for future stuff I'm sure if there is enough demand

There is scenery coming out for Shadespire? Pictures?

It seems different printed boards would be a snap and an easy way to make $$$. GW could even keep the same layouts (so far as how the hexes are marked for obstructions) as the base boards, but simply print different graphics underneath for various themes per Killax's examples.

6 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Not that I heard. It's a cool idea but not sure it would commercially be viable as well as it would impact Matched Play rules. Its possible for future stuff I'm sure if there is enough demand

Yeah we'll wait and see. :D I just think that any copy of the board hex layout and deployments could work on any surface.

3 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

There is scenery coming out for Shadespire? Pictures?

It seems different printed boards would be a snap and an easy way to make $$$. GW could even keep the same layouts (so far as how the hexes are marked for obstructions) as the base boards, but simply print different graphics underneath for various themes per Killax's examples.

Third parties are working on something awesome. But as it's all still in the making I do not know when or if it will be sold. More specifically I would understand why Games Workshop would like to prevent it ;) 

23131754_10154912516187623_8865406753449
23154926_10154913706962623_6016318148046
23120034_10154913788742623_8422064497203

Pictures above, don't ask me where or who will eventually sell it... Looks great though!

Just now, Killax said:

Yeah we'll wait and see. :D I just think that any copy of the board hex layout and deployments could work on any surface.

Third parties are working on something awesome. But as it's all still in the making I do not know when or if it will be sold. More specifically I would understand why Games Workshop would like to prevent it ;) 

Pictures above, don't ask me where or who will eventually sell it... Looks great though!

_That_ looks amazing.

Day one purchase!

(if it comes out...)

So I don't use both sides of my Bloodbowl board, but I've still got the same one I bought almost 10 years ago. It's definitely getting on in it's time, but still perfectly serviceable (The only bit that's pretty rough is it's managed a hole in it's centre due to being a 4 fold board).

I suspect that Shadespire boards are going to do just fine, and due to the hint about 'new boards', are likely to get some different styled boards every year or two. So overall, it likely won't be a huge issue if your core set boards don't last 10 years.

You're probably right, but my initial thought is that the back of those 3rd ed BB boards is all black and perhaps a little more durable than the front side with the printed and glued graphic...if I remember those boards correctly.

If that's the case, the back of a BB board may be more resiliant to table wear than the front. Imagine the front side of that BB rubbing tables for 10 years. Would it still be in good shape?

On 07/11/2017 at 5:05 PM, Killax said:

Now the scenery i working on look like garbage, I thank you not sir! Joke aside there amazing love them

47 minutes ago, Killax said:

I'm a firm believer of any scenery working. Because the only gripe I have with premade stuff like this is that players stop being creative and the best terrain is unique terrain aswell :P 

I have to agree!

The pieces above look amazing and if they go on sale, Ill likely pick some up, but I wouldnt want people stop making their own stuff! Like Tea_Wild_Owl's terrain showed off in another thread around here, simply amazing!

This being a boardgame with hexes gives us a small advantage; we can cut pieces of terrain with straight edges to fit into the hexes and it will look great! No need to hide the fact that it is on a board :) 

13 hours ago, Mr. White said:

You're probably right, but my initial thought is that the back of those 3rd ed BB boards is all black and perhaps a little more durable than the front side with the printed and glued graphic...if I remember those boards correctly.

If that's the case, the back of a BB board may be more resiliant to table wear than the front. Imagine the front side of that BB rubbing tables for 10 years. Would it still be in good shape?

I would actually think the front of the board gets more wear and tear than the bottom.

I mean, at the end of the day you're moving miniatures, rolling dice, etc on the top of the board, while the bottom is firmly placed onto the table.

Dunno, I'd have to check my Bloodbowl board at home. It's certainly seen better days, but still perfectly useable.

6 hours ago, someone2040 said:

I would actually think the front of the board gets more wear and tear than the bottom.

I mean, at the end of the day you're moving miniatures, rolling dice, etc on the top of the board, while the bottom is firmly placed onto the table.

Dunno, I'd have to check my Bloodbowl board at home. It's certainly seen better days, but still perfectly useable.

Don't roll on the board!! Get a dice tower or roll on the box, is easier and doesn't move miniatures or tokens!!

12 hours ago, Wallack said:

Don't roll on the board!! Get a dice tower or roll on the box, is easier and doesn't move miniatures or tokens!!

Haha. I've seen plenty of dice towers and dice cups before. They don't really quite appeal to me, because you lose something because you're not really 'rolling' the dice anymore, just dumping them down a tower or shaking a cup around.

But yes, those are definitely issues with rolling on the board.

11 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Haha. I've seen plenty of dice towers and dice cups before. They don't really quite appeal to me, because you lose something because you're not really 'rolling' the dice anymore, just dumping them down a tower or shaking a cup around.

But yes, those are definitely issues with rolling on the board.

I use the box to roll on, I love it because is tall and you can use the walls to do some nice rolls.

Even tho my wife manages to drop them sometimes xD

Archived