Gitmob Shaman - 80

Warchanta - 80

10 Brutes -360

10 Brutes -360

10 Brutes - 360

5 Brutes -180

40 Grots, Bows - 270

Ironfist - 160

I'm not sure if I want to drop a 10 man squad of brutes to upgrade that Megaboss to ride a Mawcrusha or not.  The grots seem like the obvious ally choice, being able to put out about 11-12 wounds a turn at range while camping an objective. I was considering the Brutefist, but it doesn't seem too useful compared to a certain 1d6" move per turn.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

Hmm...fair point. I can adjust. What items would you recommend?

Honestly, no idea. Maybe Daubing of Mork to give one of the MK better survivability, combined with Ironclad it makes your general a tough nut to crack. A point on this is that the Armour of Gork will deal a mortal wound for every 6 or more, that means if you have Mystic Shield and no rend on him then it's a 5 or 6 which isn't terrible. Probably better options but it's worth considering.

Personally I'm not sold on Destroyer or Metalrippa's Claw for MK because your attacks/damage isn't loaded into one weapon.

The golden Toof could be good to help sort out the Battleshock issues, As could the Boss Skewer.

Ultimately I guess I'd be leaning towards Daubing of Mork and Boss Skewer but it's really just conjecture at this point. I think like several other people I quickly realised that having your General survive is really important hence why we lean towards Ironclad, the Daubing is just more of the same.

To be honest I think the Ironfist probably outperforms the Brutefist but if ever there was a time for it you're running it right there.

Discussion of "Fluffy" Brute list below

If you do run the Brutefist I also wana say that you want more heroes rather than the second MK. Specifically trying to trigger the Mighty Destroyers in order to catapult your Brutes forward with the extra 6" in the hero phase to improve the odds of you then being able to trigger the Brutefist hero phase charge.

I'm not sure how it would work out, for reasons I will put in the spoiler below, but the other option is to drop both MK and add in Gordrakk, this leaves you with 300 points float. Either an extra 5 brutes and a shaman, A megaboss and two Warchanters, there's options for those 300 points.

The idea then is to try to catapult some of your brutes forward 6", use Gordrakks Command Ability on one of the Brutes Squads giving them all a 3d6 18" charge. Then, while still in the hero phase, use the Brutefist to charge. Lots of if's and but's though it will be hilarious if you can pull it off, bunch of Brutes hauling ass across the board in the hero phase.

Spoiler

On the Gordrakk point. His ability states 

In the following Charge phase.....

While the Brutefist says

....can make a charge move as if it were the charge phase.

Hence I would read that Gordrakks Command ability would trigger on the Brutefist charge. This makes the Brutefist far more useful and potentially usable, still not great but what you guna do.

29 minutes ago, CharnelChimera said:

40 Grots, Bows - 270

It's 60 gitmob grots for 270 points. I assume, based on the Gitmob shaman, that you are using gitmob grots. Don't ****** yourself out of 20 Grots !

30 minutes ago, CharnelChimera said:

I was considering the Brutefist, but it doesn't seem too useful compared to a certain 1d6" move per turn.

The Brutefist is definitely not as good as the Ironfist, for pure competitiveness the Ironfist easily outshines it. Really the last line of the Brutefist should be "Whenever a unit in this Battalion makes a successful charge..." would actually make it a choice compared to the Ironfist.

33 minutes ago, CharnelChimera said:

I'm not sure if I want to drop a 10 man squad of brutes to upgrade that Megaboss to ride a Mawcrusha or not.

The big thing about the MK is he puts Mortal Wounds on the field, amps your generals mobility through the rough and makes him far harder to blow up. If you combine the MK with Ironclad and Daubing of Mork he becomes far more difficult to deal with. In my personal opinion your main reason to run a Footboss is as a hero hanging around one of the units of brutes, he gives them the reroll on 1s and the item gives him his utility. If you take destroyer(or Metalrippa) on his Boss Choppa it turns him into a damage monster, if you take the Golden Toof it protects the brutes from horrific battleshocks.

Sadly a MK, 5*5 Brutes, Ironfist and bloodtoofs with the Grot attachment is 2010 points. So close and yet so far. 

"Da 3Megaboss "
Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Command Trait : Ironclad 
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- Artefact : Destroyer 
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Units
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- 10 x Pair of Choppas or Smashas
- x Choppa or Smasha & Shields
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
-Spears & Shields
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
-Spears & Shields
Total: 1480/ 2000 Points
Leaders: 3/6 Battlelines: 5 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 0/4

I tried thid list for a 1500 tournamen in italy.

It runs good.

Krusher is the best choice in 1500 meta..he is fast and furious ..the opponent deploy cant cover all the field with powerfull units....so the krusher can smash easy in the right side.

Gitmob are the "royal guard" :)

You sorround brutes or megaboss to prevent hammerstike and similar strategy...or use them to take obj. Point.

The brutes+megaboss on foot group is a wonderfoul wounds' industry....may be you have one f.megaboss as your general to trigger movement 4+...

Ironfist??? 160 is to expansive at 1500 , better spend money in wounds. 

I think that with gh2 ironj are not the same. You need new game strategy .

I love have a mawkrusher on the board..

I tried colossal squig as an cheaper choice 300/460 ..it runs good.

I tried the mega ardboyz mobba...with chanter general inside but this 450point unit have a low attack power. Just for tanking on obj.

7 hours ago, Malakithe said:

But is he worth 2 Megaboss on MK? Probably not...I like the idea of 2 MK and a bunch of brutes. Maybe a unit of piggys for the Ironfist boss

I don't think think the Goregruntas are worth it to be honest, much in the same way that Gordrakk is just a bit to expensive. I suspect the list you are after, competitively is essentially what you had before except with the Brutes in units of 10 rather than 5.

2*MK
10*Brutes
10*Brutes

+360 points for your fist and/or other stuff. There isn't really much reason to max out the Ironfist unless you are after a G17 battalion. Add in either 2 units of Ardboys or 5*Brutes to give you slightly more presence.

9 hours ago, Malakree said:

I don't think think the Goregruntas are worth it to be honest, much in the same way that Gordrakk is just a bit to expensive. I suspect the list you are after, competitively is essentially what you had before except with the Brutes in units of 10 rather than 5.

2*MK
10*Brutes
10*Brutes

+360 points for your fist and/or other stuff. There isn't really much reason to max out the Ironfist unless you are after a G17 battalion. Add in either 2 units of Ardboys or 5*Brutes to give you slightly more presence.

Hmm...with those in mind what would you make for a list?

What could I change to make this a Bloodtoofs?

Allegiance: Ironjawz
Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Trait: Ironclad 
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
Battalions
Ironfist (160)
Total: 1940/2000

7 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

What could I change to make this a Bloodtoofs?

Leaders
- General
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
Battalions
Ironfist (160)
Total: 1940/2000

Bloodtoofs is 140 so it's a megaboss exactly. 

You have 60 spare points left over so you could drop the unit of Ardboys and/or brutes down to a unit of Goregruntas (+40) to get a Warchanter or a Grot Shaman. Not sure that it's worth it tbh 

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

Bloodtoofs is 140 so it's a megaboss exactly. 

You have 60 spare points left over so you could drop the unit of Ardboys and/or brutes down to a unit of Goregruntas (+40) to get a Warchanter or a Grot Shaman. Not sure that it's worth it tbh 

Yeah true...maybe ill just stick with Ironfist with Brutes and MK's. I could drop the pigs or Ardboys in that list above for something else

Revised the list a bit...I still have this itch to include 2 MKs though

Leaders
- General
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
Battalions
Ironfist (160)
Total: 1980/2000

54 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Yeah true...maybe ill just stick with Ironfist with Brutes and MK's. I could drop the pigs or Ardboys in that list above for something else

That's probably best, what I'd say is play that list for 4/5 games then tinkers with it a little to try out some changes.

If I'm honest I suspect your biggest choice is whether to play allies or not. At 170 points an Aleguzzlar is a cheap way to put an extra Behemoth into the army, gobos are a good mass unit that IMO is probably better than Ardboys for point holding then finally you have the other shamans who give you cheap spells and unbinding.

Spoiler

2*MK
20*Brute
Ironfist

Divide the Brutes up however you want. If you take another IJ unit, so the Ardboys in your original list, you can run 2 blocks of 10 brutes and will have 20points towards a triumph roll. I wouldn't take the Goregruntas in it, those 60 points are really hard to shift for anything good and the unit of 10 Ardboys will just give you more.

Comes out at 1.8k, leaves 200 points spare. 3 Brutes units filling the battleline slots, like you're suggesting, gives you ally options such as 2 units of 20 Goblins, 2*Goblin Shamans, 2*Rocklobbas or an aleguzzlar.

If you're willing to go for forge world  a Squig Gobba would also be a very real option at 140 points, you could drop 5 brutes to go for a Colossal Squig (300 points with 80 spare) or a Troggoth Hag (360 with 20 spare)So the most vanilla variant of that list would be

Spoiler

Mawkrusha
Mawkrusha

Brute*10
Brute*10
Ardboys*10

Ironfist

Kinda one dimensional but it does that one dimension well.

What I'm trying to do here is give you options rather than tell you what list is good. I think we all have our different playstyles and all have slightly different lists we prefer. Personally at some point I want to try running the Troggoth Hag because I think she looks hillarious, there's also a triple Mawkrusha build I want to run. Those are still pretty far in the future for me so I have to stick to more vanilla builds but it doesn't stop me being excited for them or going off on tangents.

EDIT: For reference, the triple maw krusha list is below.

Spoiler

3*MK
Warchanter or Grotshaman.

3*(5*Brute)

No Battalions but you have 3 Mawkrushas, why do you care about battalions....

With the pic above as slight inspiration I came up with this.

Leaders
- General
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Total: 1990/2000

I like how the Gargant is super cheap but im thinking for competitive purposes the Hag is probably the best ally. Its a super tanky support  monster that can shoot off lower wound heroes, cast a awesome spell, has a good save combined with a D6 regen. It might even be the best monster for all of destruction.

I was playing around with Scroll Builder earlier to create a different 1k list that I normally run:

Weirdnob Shaman (General)
-Brutish Cunning
-Daubing of Mork
Warchanter
-Boss Skewer
10xArdboyz
10xArdboyz
3xGore Gruntas 
3xGore Gruntas
Ironfist

1000/1000

Looks like a balanced list on paper. It doesn't have the killing power without the Brutes or Megaboss, but leadership shouldn't be an issue, I normally will have a +2 to my casting rolls for the Weirdnob, and objectives I should contest in terms of speed with the Gruntas and bodies with the Ardboyz

@Orruk'sPizza, That is a great list! I´m struggling with a 1,5k list and yours sounds fun! I dont own any grots, but I can change it for some orruks.

I ran this list at a small tournament this weekend and here´s what I think:

Orruk Megaboss (140) - General - Trait: Ironclad  - Artefact: The Boss Skewer 
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warboss (140)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (280)

Total: 1000/1000

I took The boss skewer to mess up with my opponent, but I mostly faced Khorne with  a Bloodsecrator´s standard on the ground most of the time. Such a useless artefact for this list. 

The 6 pack gore gruntas are amazing! I mostly hated them as a trio, but with 6 piggies they are a unit to be feared! I took down a hell canon and almost killed a mighty lord of khorne in 1 round buffed by the Chanter, +2 attacks from the megaboss, re rolling 1´s to wound from the Warboss´s banner and D3 damage from the charge! You should´ve seem the look on my opponent´s face! Just priceless!

The new battleplans are nice, should´ve read them more times. Little details could´ve granted me victory earlier in the game. But that´s how things go, always learning!

Not sure if I keep the warboss. The banner effect is good but the hero himself doesnt do much. He died every game and killed almost nothing. For 140 pts, it is a thing to reconsider.

I went 3-0 and won the tournament,  it was a good result, I won every game by major victory  and I also destroyed more points than they did.

11 hours ago, Malakithe said:

With the pic above as slight inspiration I came up with this.

Leaders
- General
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Total: 1990/2000

I like how the Gargant is super cheap but im thinking for competitive purposes the Hag is probably the best ally. Its a super tanky support  monster that can shoot off lower wound heroes, cast a awesome spell, has a good save combined with a D6 regen. It might even be the best monster for all of destruction.

What is the price in points for a unit of Throggoth Hag with GHB 2017?

Can we use it in matched play?

33 minutes ago, Sangfroid said:

The troggoth hag is 360pts and I'm hoping to use mine for the first time tonight, not sure if it will become a regular addition to my list as I do worry about the loss of key brutes and support characters but we shall see

Hello SangFroid,

can u give us your list with the Hag?

bonne partie pour ce soir.

5 hours ago, Sangfroid said:

The troggoth hag is 360pts and I'm hoping to use mine for the first time tonight, not sure if it will become a regular addition to my list as I do worry about the loss of key brutes and support characters but we shall see

I think the Hag can become a must as its the tankiest, probably best support monster out there. It has a amazing spell that will help out Brutes dish out way more dmg

IS this a plausible list? Rock Lobba and full general crew

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Brutish Cunning 
- Artefact: Daubing of Mork 
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline

War Machines
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
Grot Rock Lobber (100)

Total: 2000/2000

This is what I got so far for a list with the Hag. Now I could drop the MK so I can toss in some more stuff. A foot Megaboss would be nice. Maybe drop a unit of Brutes for a single unit of pigs too...decisions..

Leaders
- General
Troggoth Hag (360)
Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
Battalions
Ironfist (160)
Total: 1880/2000

1 hour ago, Soul oWar said:

- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline

I've been playing around with units of 3 Goregruntas and honestly they just seem mediocre. Someone above has said that a unit of 6 is far better and I had been playing around with that idea myself although don't have more than 3 models atm.

You don't need 4 battleline so maybe try them as both 2*3 and a single block of 6?

24 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
Battalions
Ironfist (160)
Total: 1880/2000

So at the risk of being a heretic, have you considered dropping the Ironfist in that list? If you did you would be able to field 3 units of 10 Brutes for your battleline and have 100 points left over for a warchanter. Alternatively you could go for 

Leaders
- General
Troggoth Hag (360)
Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
10 x Orruk Brutes (360
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
6 x Goregruntas (280)

Total: 2000/2000

Since you don't have 2 IJ heroes you are missing out on the extra artefact from having a battalion. With the price hike I'm really not sold on any of our battalions at the moment if I'm honest.

Archived