Mixed Order, thematic/semi competitive 2k

Rogue Sun

Hey all! I have a rather thematic list I was hoping to get some feedback on. Not looking to drive my opponents before me and hear the lamentations of their women, but also not interested in having a pillow fight if you catch my drift. ;)

Annointed on Frostheart 280

Bretonnian Lord on Pegasus 140

Bretonnian Lord on Pegasus 140

Damsel of the Lady on Pegasus 100

Damsel of the Lady on Pegasus 100

5 Reavers

5 Reavers

5 Reavers

3 Pegasus Knights

3 Pegasus Knights

3 Pegasus Knights

3 Aetherwings

3 Aetherwings

3 Aetherwings

So theme is flying, but more specifically I'm going to be using hawk/eagle models to represent the pegasi, so it'll be very bird of prey heavy looking more like a wood elf army than anything? Thoughts? Comments? All is welcome!

If you are game for using non-GW models, take a look at the Gamezone Wind Riders. They are among the best bird of prey models that I've seen.

I love the concept of the army, but my main concern is that you will struggle a bit on most scoring mission as you don't have any substantially sized units that can really hold a piece of ground. You should do nicely for 3 places of power though. Unforunately, I don't have any bright ideas about how to fix this without going off theme!

One thing you might also think about is whether you could squeeze Morathi in there (probably using an alternative model). She rides a pegasus too, so she's on theme. She's not that great from a competitiveness perspective, but her spell is pretty nasty and she can cast two spells in a turn, which is fantastic support for the Frostheart. Just something to consider!

Archived