Bloodsecrator base size

Alsetzer

Question

Sorry if this is gibbering up the forum, but I couldn't find in the search feature, and I'm getting conflicting info all over the place.

What's the base size for the Bloodsecrator.  The starter instructions and all images point to a 32mm, the "official TGA base size" chart and various posts on the inter webs point to a 40 mm

Any consensus or just follow the rule of cool and pick the one I like best?

Thanks!

13 answers to this question

The model is supplied on a 32mm base. (so this is technically the correct base size)

Putting it on a 40mm could be seen as modelling for advantage as it gives you an ever so slightly larger banner bubble...

Put it on a 40mm to match the other Bloodbound heroes in my opinion (this keeps it consistent)

In the model guide from the starter set its on a 32mm. That being said both me and my brother picked up a starter set and we had an uneven amount of 32mm bases. In one of the sets there was an extra 40mm but we were one 32mm base short. 

In the model guide from the starter set its on a 32mm. That being said both me and my brother picked up a starter set and we had an uneven amount of 32mm bases. In one of the sets there was an extra 40mm but we were one 32mm base short. 

Contact GW customer service, they should be able to help, they've been really good with taking care of issues that I've had with that kind of thing.

https://www.games-workshop.com/Contact-Us

4 hours ago, Terry Pike said:

The model is supplied on a 32mm base. (so this is technically the correct base size)

Put it on a 40mm to match the other Bloodbound heroes in my opinion (this keeps it consistent)

32mm is the official size. Considering it comes with this and is presented this way in all AoS pictures.

While I dont dissagree with Terry that a lot of Bloodbound Heroes go on 40mm, the Mighty Lord of Khorne, Khorne Lord on Juggernaut, Aspiring Deathbringer, Scyla and Valkia all do not have 40mm bases so I personally prefer the 32mm base here. 

In most casual games 40mm will do just fine. 

Actually hadn't thought about this until now, but when I picked up the starter set back at launch it came one 32mm base short and one extra 40mm base.  I assumed at the time they just misprinted the base size for the Bloodsecrator (as the Bloodstoker sits on a 40mm) and used the extra 40 for the Bloodsecrator.  I'm apparently not the only one this happened to, as looking around the web it's apparent that there's a pretty even split of players having it on 32mm and 40mm.  GW's official pictures do show him on a 32mm though so I suppose that's the official size.  Obviously there was packaging issue.

40 minutes ago, Jharen said:

Actually hadn't thought about this until now, but when I picked up the starter set back at launch it came one 32mm base short and one extra 40mm base.  I assumed at the time they just misprinted the base size for the Bloodsecrator (as the Bloodstoker sits on a 40mm) and used the extra 40 for the Bloodsecrator.  I'm apparently not the only one this happened to, as looking around the web it's apparent that there's a pretty even split of players having it on 32mm and 40mm.  GW's official pictures do show him on a 32mm though so I suppose that's the official size.  Obviously there was packaging issue.

This is me as well.  I didn't look at the instructions closely enough, but counted up the bases for the models and went from there.  I mean, the Lord-Relictor goes on a 40mm base as well, yes?  The Bloodsecrator looks better on 40mm if you ask me.

2 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Contact GW customer service, they should be able to help, they've been really good with taking care of issues that I've had with that kind of thing.

https://www.games-workshop.com/Contact-Us

That's good advice, but i only ever play casual games so the base size of one hero doesn't really matter much to me.  

Thanks though!

If you run into issues where you're missing parts, they're really good at helping with that (the Silver Tower boxes had that issue.)

With the top heavy nature of the Bloodsecrator model, that's a pretty darn small base.

For the "rule of stability" I'd vote for putting him on a 40. (The 25mm Bloodletter icon bearer, prior to the base size change, had a similar issue, top heavy and too small a base.)

Sorry for the bump but when we would use the store as official size or 'size as sold' it still is 32mm.

Mighty Lord of Khorne and Bloodsecrator:

The 2 miniatures are supplied as 18 components, and come with 1 Citadel 60mm Round base and a Citadel 32mm Round base.

Source:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/Korghos-Khul-and-Bloodsecrator?_requestid=17152135#

Interesting, I actually put my Bloodsecrator on a 40mm base by mistake, as I started my collection with Gorechosen. When I bought a used starterset without bases, I just assumed that he would be on the same base considering that he is about the same size modelwise.

Now that I look at the pictures more closely, he stands on a 32mm on every picture I could find.

Guess I'll rebase him before priming...

13 minutes ago, Xasz said:

Interesting, I actually put my Bloodsecrator on a 40mm base by mistake, as I started my collection with Gorechosen. When I bought a used starterset without bases, I just assumed that he would be on the same base considering that he is about the same size modelwise.

Now that I look at the pictures more closely, he stands on a 32mm on every picture I could find.

Guess I'll rebase him before priming...

No worries, I think most players do not mind for a non-tournament setting. I wouldn't and I think most don't mind to much. You can even "remove" 4mm the moment you would measure from his base to different units if players would be upset about you using a 40mm base.

The mistake is also easily made. The Bloodstoker does come on a 40mm base and looks fine on a 32mm base aswell. 

Archived