New Palyer: Spire of Dawn and Battalions

erdbeerchen

Hello,

I am a new AoS Player and trying to generate a simple list from my old Island of Blood Box. I understand, that there is this new Spire of Dawn Box and this Battalion Formation. How does all this work exactly ? Can I add any other units to this army while using this battalion - but they would not benefit from the extra rules? 

I have a unit of the High Elves Dragonprinces - whatever they are called now :) Would I be able to add this to this army?

How can I add the Mage and Swordmasters to this list when I am trying to build it in Azyr App? If I choose Swifthawk Agents and the Battalion, I still can not add Archmage and Swordmasters. What am I doing wrong?

These are my very first lists, so I have much to learn hehe :)

Welcome to the game! 

Batalions are made up of certain models and will bestow the battalion bonus to those models. Battalions cost a certain number of points. 

Mother models can be added to the army but they will not benefit from the battalion bonus. 

So the dragon blades (dragon princes) can be included in the army but not the battalion. 

I don't use the Ayr app so can't help with that I'm afraid. 

Hope this helps!

Erdbeerchen, the Spire of Dawn battalion for Aelves gives the Archmage and Swordmasters the <Swifthawk Agents> keyword, making it a legal army. The battalion can only be fielded by itself; to add anything else to the army you'd have to get some more battleline units. 

You could get hold of another unit of Reavers (which are just battleline with no faction allegience), and then you could add whatever else you wanted after that.

As for the app, it's a bit fiddly. You need to search for Archmage and Swordmasters, and don't give the army 'swifthawk agents' allegience, even though you know they are due to the battalion.

ah ok :) So I just select the units as generic Order allegiance and just assume everything is ok.
I thought this was a proper Army Builder, as they are charging fees for this :D

So with two Reavers units I could use the battalion and my leftover Dragon Blades and Boltthrower as addons?

Archived