Slaanesh Daemons list for local 1500pt tournament

Thesockra

I will be attending a 1500 pt tournament this weekend.  THis will be my first wargaming tournament in 10+ years.  I just wanted to see what people thought of the list I was thinking of taking.  I know that I will probably lose every game because Slaanesh Daemons are overcosted and don't take advantage of the ridiculous ranged attack rules, but I like them and want Slaanesh to be represented at my FLGS.

Leaders
Daemon Prince Of Slaanesh (160)
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Keeper Of Secrets (280)
- General
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Herald Of Slaanesh (60)

Battleline
20 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (240)

Units
10 x Seekers Of Slaanesh (240)

Battalions
Daemon Cohort of Slaneesh (40)

Total: 1500/1500

Well we can only support anyone representing the one true god ;) 

To be fair I don't have much tournament experience with them so take this with a grain of salt. In my local scene play 1,5K with the 1K restrictions. If thats the case for you as well you might want to consider merging the 3 squads of daemonettes into two. (or does that break the Cohort, can't remember from the top of my head)

Otherwise make sure you get the Daemon prince in his face and disrupt his attacking order :D 

I always have great fun (and medium succes) with getting the Seekers behind enemy lines. They are great harrassers and distraction units because of their immense range. 

27 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Well we can only support anyone representing the one true god ;) 

To be fair I don't have much tournament experience with them so take this with a grain of salt. In my local scene play 1,5K with the 1K restrictions. If thats the case for you as well you might want to consider merging the 3 squads of daemonettes into two. (or does that break the Cohort, can't remember from the top of my head)

Otherwise make sure you get the Daemon prince in his face and disrupt his attacking order :D 

I always have great fun (and medium succes) with getting the Seekers behind enemy lines. They are great harrassers and distraction units because of their immense range. 

Unfortunately the meta in my area is to use the GH as written so 1500 pts requires 3 battlelines (also 2 units would break the cohort).  If daemonettes were reasonably priced (ie, 100/10 models like the other non ranged/wizard chaos daemon battlelines) I could just run 70 of them in a 30/30/10 configuration.

I have never found nettes not to be worth the points when used in numbers, nothing wrong with the cohort, it has got me placings in every tourny I have used it it, pretty sure I have used a very similar list at 1500, a unit of 15 seekers can be devastating, +1 to hit and strike twice, I have utterly ruined the other guys plans, last game I used it it they killed 2 units of 5 retributors before he even got a turn... even did horrid things to nagash once :D

Daemonettes are awesome. That cohort really gives people fits with the speed that's generated. The seekers are fun, but I really like hell striders (not for this build, obviously) for the -1 to hit bubble they provide.

Looks a solid list to me. Until Slaanesh gets his own allegiance abilities and items it makes sense to utilise the battalion and by the time you have filled out the requirements with decent sized daemonette units I'm not sure you could have done much else with it in 1500 points. Good luck!

How was the tournament? 

I like your list und would field a similar list.

I prefer  the exalted seeker Chariot with hero, but difficult to add the Chariot to your list. I would reduce one daemonette unit to 10 (enough for the home objectives), kick out the herald and add the exalted Chariot. Leaves your 20 Points for a role on the table. 

The Tournament went surprisingly well.  I actually went 2 major wins and 1 major loss.  Unfortunately that was not enough to get me in the prize money (I tied for 3rd but lost on kill points), but I won a minor prize for most kill points for the Chaos Grand alliance.

Round 1 was against Ironjawz.  The mission was take and hold and I managed to kill all but my opponents megaboss on foot.  So i ended up getting a major victory 1340 VP to 680.

Round 2 was against mixed elves.  With a frost phoenix, and a lord on dragon, along with 2 of the dark elf bolt thrower.  This game went VERY badly, on turn one he killed 40 daemonettes.  in the end it came out to a 0 to 1500 major loss.

Round 3 was against khorne bloodbound.  It didn't go well for my opponent, I managed a 1120 to 0 major win.  This game i felt a little bad about, sinply cause my opponent wanted to concede but since there was a prize for most kill points for each Grand Alliance that I couldn't accept his surrender because it would cost me kill points.

Overall I enjoyed My list.  The real star was the Daemon prince.  He put opponents 1 and 3 on tilt a little.

On 5/29/2017 at 10:59 AM, Thesockra said:

Overall I enjoyed My list.  The real star was the Daemon prince.  He put opponents 1 and 3 on tilt a little.

I'm struggling to see how beneficial he is.  And I fully admit this is my lack of experience and ignorance on the use/tactics.  If you have some tips please share.

But I am convinced to take one tomorrow night (with fly?).

Also do the 20 Daemonettes work well or do you feel you need 30 in a block for casualties?

Archived