Full book review for Skirmish ft. Bottle

Morning guys,

I know technically I'm double posting as this has been automatically posted in the Podcast section of the forum. However I wanted to raise a bit of extra visibility on this one as I think it's going to be something of interest to most people;

I was recently joined by Hinterlands/Skirmish supremo @bottle to discuss the new GW hotness being released this Saturday.

We give a full review of the book discussing the background lore, rules, battleplans and selecting a warband. We also chat about the future of Hinterlands and *CLICKBAIT ALERT* some speculative spoilers for the GH2!! It's a really exciting show and once again Sam was a fantastic guest. I love having him on and I really hope you enjoy listening to his enthusiasm as much as I do.

This episode is clean/family friendly etc and is available on www.theblacksun.co.uk or on iTunes as well as via the above link. It clocks in at around 1hr 45mins.

Anyway, please check it out and let me know what you think. This is the first review on the weekly format, so I'm open to feedback.

Many thanks,
Chris

Just listened to the podcast - very informative and it's definitely got me excited to see the book. I suspect my group may end up using the Skirmish rules but with the extra RPG-like elements from Hinterlands. I get the impression that Bottle's plan for Hinterland going forward is to expand on the RPG/narrative type stuff, which would be awesome. I really hope Skirmish/Hinterlands starts gaining traction and we see some dedicated narrative events for it - for those of us who love the hobby and narrative side but struggle to field a whole army!

I don't listen to podcasts, but somehow did so for this one. Probably 'cos skirmishes are always pretty exciting... And this sounds quite quite good. Hinterlands seems more worked out, but obviously, I agree with complementing idea. 

Even the fluff seems a bit more interesting than usual, I like that it concentrates on a smaller concept. The shard thing reminds me of Eldar soulstones, that was pretty cool (though not terribly original :P). 

Leaving out non plastic range is also sad, though not an issue as you just need some simple math to add them. But it might be a sign that GW will leave aside more and more of the older range, armies and concepts, simply for not being AoS exclusive.

Archived