My take on a 2k tzeentch list

Vilks

Hi guys so i am going to a 2k tournament where we have a team of four and each player is a different grand alliance i am playing as chaos with my tzeentch army.

the list im thinking of taking is as follows.

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Trait: Magical Supremacy
- Artefact: Wellspring of Arcane Might
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
The Blue Scribes (120)
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- Artefact: Aura of Mutability
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)
- Lore of Change: Unchecked Mutation
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
20 x Tzaangors (360)

Units
9 x Tzaangor Skyfires (480)
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

Battalions
Tzaangor Coven (40)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 1960/2000

So any opinions on this list would be great the only thing i am unsure about is whether i should drop three skyfires and add ten more tzaangors to make the unit a 30 man strong unit for the 48 -1 dmg 2 attacks on the great weapons.

many thanks in advance!!!

Looks great to me, I don't know if you really need the Balewind Vortex but if you think it's really cool to add then certainly do so. 

My moral is that you could drop Skyfires but I'd personally be more inclined to drop the Balewind Vortex and add 10x pink Horrors, which beefs up your model count aswell, which ultimately is all that really matters. 

I think that LoC + 9 Skyfires is a huge threat and while I certainly think Tzaangors are awesome I also believe the focus will be put on LoC and Skyfires regardless, so you can just run 20 and a ton of Horrors as your 'screens' to continue to have a massive advantage with your Skyfires.

Cheers,

hmmm yeh i guess the skyfires and LoC are big threats. i do like the balewind for the blue scribes and how much it boosts there threat range of there spells since they can learn all the spells i cast near them.

I think the list is fine but for me to be honest im not a fan of tzaangors or tzaangors on disc you can spend that points is more bodys for cover the skyfires taking 3 units of pink horrors the balewind  is fine too you can use it with the blue scribes so is ok.

I have a list with a spam of skyfires (2 units of 6 with 2 tzaangors shamans) and a bunch of bodys with multitudinous host to cover them but this is a personal preference.

I'm bringing a very similar list as my second army (two-list format) to an event next month. However, I have removed the Blue Scribes and the Balewind to free up points to make 20 Blue Horrors and 20 Brimstone Horrors when the Pink Horrors die, along with 2 squads of 10 Brimstones to use as blocking chaff. 

I think Pink Horrors are horrendously overpriced when not taking advantage of their ability to generate Blues and Brimstones. Although you have to pay for these, they can block areas of the map and hold down objectives like nobody's business. 230 points total for a unit with 30 wounds (no more than 10 of which can be lost in a single phase) is darn solid.

If you're not interested in investing the full 230 points for a Pink+Blue+Brimstone squad, I'd advise another battleline option. Mauraders would free up more points for other stuff. Chaos Warriors are durable. More Tzaangors would probably be a solid replacement too.

Regarding Blue Scribes, I don't know how cost effective a Balewind is for them. They can only ever cast one spell and already have a solid profile spell, if you're firing off many other spells (a max of 5 others in this list). I think he's a great support unit for a caster-heavy list, but I just don't see that value in a Tzaangor Coven build.

Personally, I feel the Balewind is more useful if you are rocking a Gaunt Summoner who is going to be tossing some pretty potent magic. Paying 100pts to buff the range of your Scribes bubble could arguably be strong in a super magic heavy list but here it just seems like a waste of pts. Same goes for if you dump the Shaman on the balewind, just doesn't feel like it is going to yield much benefit for a fairly high investment. (Also remember, while the balewind protects you from melee, it makes you easier to target with range attacks being up in the air and visible for all to see) If you remove the balewind that leaves you with 140pts free. Thats another unit of pink horrors, or its 20 Blue horrors and 10 brimstones. Imo the added chaffe will bring far more value than the vortex can, in this case. Or you could use that 100pts to bring in a gaunt summoner for a significant boost to your spellpower.

I'd swap arcane transformation onto your scribes and bolt of change onto the horrors. Arcane transformation is a spell you won't often cast (its really only useful to boost the LoC) so if you need to toss it out the scribes can just give up the re-roll bubble that turn. Bolt of change, on the other hand, is an awesome spell you probably want to cast as much as possible so having it on the horrors will mean you are free to cast it without disrupting your casting re-roll bubble.

I don't see a ton of value in wellspring of arcane might. Your scribes already provide a better effect anyway. I think you could gain more value in another artifact. Personally, I like Pyrofire Stave on my LoC. Alternatively, Windthief charm on the shaman can also be great if you suddenly need to cover a ton of ground to contest or grab an objective. 

fyi, Tzaangor shamans are Daemons and Arcanites, they get a spell from the Lore of Change AND the Lore of Fate.

The herald on the vortex with the LoC nearby has a pretty good chance of being able to cast a second spell with +2 to his rolls. This works well. He ends up doing D6 and D3 mortal wounds (with 36" range) per turn. At least until the LoC is no longer in range.

Archived