Taking a break and starting up again in the summer

SolarBur

After being in the hobby for a good chunk of my life, since about 1998, i've finally decided i need to take a step back and away from the game for a while. Its giving me some emotional stress funny enough due to failure to complete things or have a painted army since that start date. And some of you lot think you are slow painters ^^;;;

So i've been out of the building and gaming for a few month's already, just sitting back and watching all the armies here being built and being painted up. I still have my 1k pledge to do and i'm damn well determined for once to get that done. Right now i'm in the process of just picking a faction and colour scheme. For the colour scheme part i've just decided to go with red and blue, nothing super amazing (no offence to those with red and blue themed colour armies) but something simple for me to try. I've read some of the articles in white dwarf about building and painting an army, keep the colour palette simple, so i'm going to do just that. 

As for why i'm say all of this here, the faction i'm probably going to play out of order destruction chaos and death, will probably be destruction simply because i just like the character of the races. Just simply going around causing havoc for no particular reason other than because they can. Whether its the mischevious and spiteful goblins, to the brutish orcs, or the ever hungry ogres, i would like to pick one of the destruction factions to pick up and play in the summer once my rest period is over. But i'm not sure which one to go for so i'm struggling to pick one. The aim is to make a fun 1k army list for the 1k pledge and paint it up, maybes play a few games along the way, so nothing cheese. So i would like it if you could tell me about the races, what are they like to paint or play, maybes even a fun 1k list. 

I know i'm asking for a lot, but i would like to continue to be a part of this hobby still, but i just can't seem to think straight right now ^^;;;

So any advice on the playable destruction factions would be great. Thanks for reading, hope to hear from you all soon

Hey - I find that 1k goals are achievable and a lot of fun and rewarding. I like the idea of buying the entire 1k at once, and not buying anything until that's entirely complete. 

For starters, is there anything you really like to paint, like infantry, cavalry, characters, monsters, warmachines etc. As well, do you want to go one faction or just mix and match from destruction? Do you want to paint more, smaller models or fewer, larger models?

Hi @SolarBur,

Sounds like you're doing the right thing by stepping back and taking a bit of a break. Nothing wrong with that and I'm sure it'll see you come back refreshed and buzzing to hobby.

There are plenty of good options in Destruction whether you want a strong list or just nice models. My preferences is for Ironjawz as the model range is fantastic. They are fun to play on the table and whilst are not the most competitive, you can get a decent list at 1,000 points.

As @Furious says, targeting 1,000 points is a great shout as it allows you realistic goals. Also, the game plays great at that size as well.

If we stick with the Ironjawz, you can build this list at exactly 1,000 points;

• Megaboss (140)
  • Warchanter (80)
  • 5 Brutes (180)
  • 5 Brutes (180)
  • 10 Ardboys (180)
  • 3 Gore-gruntas (180)
  • Ironfist Battalion (60) 

All you will need to purchase is a Megaboss, 2 boxes of Brutes and a Start Collecting! Ironjawz box. On Element Games this would total £113.90 - not bad at all! This will also give you a very solid core for a 2,000 point army (You can add a Maw-krusha, a Weirdnob Shaman and 2 more units to round up to 2k!).

I'm sure other people can inform you about the other factions we have available.

Have fun,
Chris

Oh, you gotta get with the times bro.... Goblin Grot, Orcs Orruks and Ogres Ogors! ;) 

2 hours ago, Furious said:

Hey - I find that 1k goals are achievable and a lot of fun and rewarding. I like the idea of buying the entire 1k at once, and not buying anything until that's entirely complete. 

For starters, is there anything you really like to paint, like infantry, cavalry, characters, monsters, warmachines etc. As well, do you want to go one faction or just mix and match from destruction? Do you want to paint more, smaller models or fewer, larger models?

I think that 1k is a good starting point, whether its a horde style army or something with a lower model count it gives a nice bit of everything for someone starting out in an army. 

Honestly I'm not sure, I've never really painted a model before in all the years. Furthest I got was pretty much undercoated models (maybes also with a layer spray) so my experiences with the painting portion are pretty much non existent ^^;;

What i'm looking for right now is character more than anything. To me the hobby was always about telling a story, building up armies and making stories of their successes and defeats. Though in recent years that disappeared from me and i started focusing too much on the gaming aspect and trying to build armies that would win games. Not in a cheesey kind of way but you get what i mean. So that's what the break is pretty much, trying to go back to what i liked about the game, and i figured that the most characterful races were pretty much in the destruction forces. As someone who will be pretty much new to painting, i'm thinking somewhere around middle of the road to low count on models. That way i don't feel too overwhelmed. 

2 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Hi @SolarBur,

Sounds like you're doing the right thing by stepping back and taking a bit of a break. Nothing wrong with that and I'm sure it'll see you come back refreshed and buzzing to hobby.

There are plenty of good options in Destruction whether you want a strong list or just nice models. My preferences is for Ironjawz as the model range is fantastic. They are fun to play on the table and whilst are not the most competitive, you can get a decent list at 1,000 points.

As @Furious says, targeting 1,000 points is a great shout as it allows you realistic goals. Also, the game plays great at that size as well.

If we stick with the Ironjawz, you can build this list at exactly 1,000 points;

• Megaboss (140)
  • Warchanter (80)
  • 5 Brutes (180)
  • 5 Brutes (180)
  • 10 Ardboys (180)
  • 3 Gore-gruntas (180)
  • Ironfist Battalion (60) 

All you will need to purchase is a Megaboss, 2 boxes of Brutes and a Start Collecting! Ironjawz box. On Element Games this would total £113.90 - not bad at all! This will also give you a very solid core for a 2,000 point army (You can add a Maw-krusha, a Weirdnob Shaman and 2 more units to round up to 2k!).

I'm sure other people can inform you about the other factions we have available.

Have fun,
Chris

Oh, you gotta get with the times bro.... Goblin Grot, Orcs Orruks and Ogres Ogors! ;) 

Yeah, still getting used to the Grot, Orruks and Ogors name changes ^^;;;

I think it would be safe to say i don't mind putting a bit of money into getting a force up and running. I would like to limit the spending to around £150, though i think for a 1k force i shouldn't need to go over the limit (fingers crossed)

The Ironjawz from what i have read do make for a good beginner army as well, something that is armored, has wounds and just has the one goal and that's to get into combat. Pretty much what i liked about the destruction forces. No nonsense just straight up brutalise the enemy army. I checked the generals handbook as well, surprised to see all their infantry are the same points. So this is certainly an army on the middle of the road model count. 

Thanks for giving a list to look at, very helpful ^^

Your exactly the type of person I wanna play in this hobby. Play for fun, play for the story, An want to paint your army!! 

Ironjawz are amazing! But then I'm biased. I painted 5 brutes to see if I liked the army. I know have over 2k painted since the start of the year. 

Youv just gotta set by a little time An stay disciplined. An just plug away. You'll get there mate. Keep them painted models where you can see them. An the unpainted hidden away. You'll be surprised how far you'll get. 

Your hobby shouldn't stress you out though. It's should be your time to not be stressed. (Well most of the time anyway lol)

Hi there,

sounds like tough decisions to be made. I'm sure you'll do what is right for you (I mean, you kind of have to).

I found twitter to be a good place to share hobby progress. There small steps of single model progress will be acknowledged. It's here too but as you say the 1k limit is hard too deal with when time is limited.

just make your hobby time good and yours so it can be empowering and less stressful 

(also set reasonable goals and find paint schemes that are time wise doable). Let your lazy self loose and skip that 2nd or 3 red layer before washes that nobody will see :) may safe you hours in the race for the 1k army. Pick colors that are covering well, dry brush and make it easy :)

cheers

If you go for the low model count, Beastclaw Raiders are certainly an option as well. They have lovely kits with lots of interchangeable parts, making it easy to build unique models. They typically bring less that 10 models to the table at 1k ;p.

16 hours ago, Tom said:

Your exactly the type of person I wanna play in this hobby. Play for fun, play for the story, An want to paint your army!! 

Ironjawz are amazing! But then I'm biased. I painted 5 brutes to see if I liked the army. I know have over 2k painted since the start of the year. 

Youv just gotta set by a little time An stay disciplined. An just plug away. You'll get there mate. Keep them painted models where you can see them. An the unpainted hidden away. You'll be surprised how far you'll get. 

Your hobby shouldn't stress you out though. It's should be your time to not be stressed. (Well most of the time anyway lol)

Thanks, its pretty much how i've always seen the hobby. I really liked reading the narrative battle reports in the white dwarf so i think that's what got me like that. Plus anyone who doesn't or can't name their heroes is normally too serious ^^;;

Yeah that's why i'm taking the break and starting small again. I've hit that wall so many times i probably have a concussion by now xD

So far that's two for the ironjawz, I take it you would also suggest the list above ? 

15 hours ago, Joakim said:

Hi there,

sounds like tough decisions to be made. I'm sure you'll do what is right for you (I mean, you kind of have to).

I found twitter to be a good place to share hobby progress. There small steps of single model progress will be acknowledged. It's here too but as you say the 1k limit is hard too deal with when time is limited.

just make your hobby time good and yours so it can be empowering and less stressful 

(also set reasonable goals and find paint schemes that are time wise doable). Let your lazy self loose and skip that 2nd or 3 red layer before washes that nobody will see :) may safe you hours in the race for the 1k army. Pick colors that are covering well, dry brush and make it easy :)

cheers

That's what i would like to go to, back to the fun aspect of the hobby. I know i'm not going to have the same experience as i did when i was a little kid, but it would be nice to just be able to have fun in my games and in both parts of the hobby. The painting and the playing. The 1k goal i think is just a year thing, so when i start up i have about half a year or so to get cracking on it, that's why i'm keeping the model count mid to low so i don't cave in under pressure at seeing all the unpainted plastic ^^;;;

So whats your pick ? Ironjawz, Gitmob, Moonclan, Gutbusters, Beastclaw, Greenskin, or Savages ? ;p

4 hours ago, Solaris said:

If you go for the low model count, Beastclaw Raiders are certainly an option as well. They have lovely kits with lots of interchangeable parts, making it easy to build unique models. They typically bring less that 10 models to the table at 1k ;p.

Do you have a list for a beastclaw 1k army ? Because it looks hard to do with a low level of points. Definately has that low model count though xD

Also if i were to pick beastclaw i assume learning to magnatise models would be a really useful thing to learn ?

Ok so, so far we have two votes for the ironjawz and one for the beastclaw raiders. Poor other greenskins and their less cousins, and also the regular ogors don't seem to be getting any love. Anyone out there that can suggest beginner armies for the other races too, because i would like to see the different ideas so i can make up my mind ;p

The megaboss @Chris Tomlin know his stuff so yes that's a good start.

but a good rule of thumb would be an ironfist battalion filled up with the units you like. An a couple characters. 

Chris has filled it up with a good variety which is a good idea as will stop you getting bored. As if you could get bored of ironjawz!!

so the bigger question is what you gonna name your megaboss? Lol

33 minutes ago, SolarBur said:

Do you have a list for a beastclaw 1k army ? Because it looks hard to do with a low level of points. Definately has that low model count though xD

Also if i were to pick beastclaw i assume learning to magnatise models would be a really useful thing to learn ?

Of course, I have many suggestions!

Frostlord on Stonehorn, 1x2 Mournfang Pack, Thundertusk Beastriders
980 pts, 4 models

Icebrow Hunter, Frostlord on Stonehorn, 1x2 Mournfang Pack, 2x2 Frost Sabres, Skal
1000 pts, 7 models

Icebrow Hunter, Huskard on Thundertusk, 1x2 Mournfang Pack, 4x2 Frost Sabres, Skal
1000 pts, 12 models

Icebrow Hunter, Huskard on Thundertusk, 2x2 Frost Sabres, Thundertusk Beastriders, Skal
1000 pts, 7 models

Icebrow Hunter, Huskard on Stonehorn, 1x4 Mournfang Pack, 1x2 Frost Sabres
1000 pts, 8 models

These lists can all be built from the Icewind Assault box, and if you magnetize your big beasties you will be able to change list from game to game. The lists will all play quite differently from each other as well.

Are we voting? Heck, my vote is Gitmob because nobody does them and they're super cool with their wolves and their skulkers and their artillery. Plus bow grots with a shaman and mob buff are pretty darn good!

Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Goblin Warboss (60)
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
- Spears & Shields 
40 x Gitmob Grots (200)
- Bows & Slashas 
9 x Nasty Skulkers (120)
3 x Grot Wolf Chariots (120)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)

or

Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Goblin Warboss (60)
40 x Gitmob Grots (200)
- Spears & Shields 
40 x Gitmob Grots (200)
- Bows & Slashas 
5 x Grot Wolf Riders (100)
- Slittas & Wolf Bows 
6 x Nasty Skulkers (80)
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
Grot Rock Lobber (100)

or go full shooting to ****** people off

Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
40 x Gitmob Grots (200)
- Bows & Slashas 
40 x Gitmob Grots (200)
- Bows & Slashas 
- Slittas & Wolf Bows 
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
Grot Rock Lobber (100)

It's worth noting that Doomdivers and Spear Chukkas are interchangeable for being the same points value.

3 hours ago, Tom said:

The megaboss @Chris Tomlin know his stuff so yes that's a good start.

but a good rule of thumb would be an ironfist battalion filled up with the units you like. An a couple characters. 

Chris has filled it up with a good variety which is a good idea as will stop you getting bored. As if you could get bored of ironjawz!!

so the bigger question is what you gonna name your megaboss? Lol

Megaboss i will probably do a little conversion work on if i pick up ironjawz and name him as i build him, or name him after his first battle ;p

So its pretty simple then in terms of playing them too. Just get the characters to support and keep moving forward ? Well given how many armies i went through in years i still get really nervous when it comes to picking up an army ^^;;;

3 hours ago, Solaris said:

Of course, I have many suggestions!

Frostlord on Stonehorn, 1x2 Mournfang Pack, Thundertusk Beastriders
980 pts, 4 models

Icebrow Hunter, Frostlord on Stonehorn, 1x2 Mournfang Pack, 2x2 Frost Sabres, Skal
1000 pts, 7 models

Icebrow Hunter, Huskard on Thundertusk, 1x2 Mournfang Pack, 4x2 Frost Sabres, Skal
1000 pts, 12 models

Icebrow Hunter, Huskard on Thundertusk, 2x2 Frost Sabres, Thundertusk Beastriders, Skal
1000 pts, 7 models

Icebrow Hunter, Huskard on Stonehorn, 1x4 Mournfang Pack, 1x2 Frost Sabres
1000 pts, 8 models

These lists can all be built from the Icewind Assault box, and if you magnetize your big beasties you will be able to change list from game to game. The lists will all play quite differently from each other as well.

Wow those are some tiny armies xD

The beastclaw certainly have the upper hand when it comes to the amount of bits you get and the low model count for an army. But yeah, magnetising the big monsters will definately be the way to go when it comes to this army to get the most out of it. Thanks for the lists, i will check out what it all does ^^

2 hours ago, Furious said:

Are we voting? Heck, my vote is Gitmob because nobody does them and they're super cool with their wolves and their skulkers and their artillery. Plus bow grots with a shaman and mob buff are pretty darn good!

Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Goblin Warboss (60)
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
- Spears & Shields 
40 x Gitmob Grots (200)
- Bows & Slashas 
9 x Nasty Skulkers (120)
3 x Grot Wolf Chariots (120)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)

or

Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Goblin Warboss (60)
40 x Gitmob Grots (200)
- Spears & Shields 
40 x Gitmob Grots (200)
- Bows & Slashas 
- Slittas & Wolf Bows 
6 x Nasty Skulkers (80)
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
Grot Rock Lobber (100)

or go full shooting to ****** people off

Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
40 x Gitmob Grots (200)
- Bows & Slashas 
40 x Gitmob Grots (200)
- Bows & Slashas 
- Slittas & Wolf Bows 
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
Grot Rock Lobber (100)

It's worth noting that Doomdivers and Spear Chukkas are interchangeable for being the same points value.

I figured it would be fun to see some of the other armies that you don't see around much get spotlight on them. This is something i'm using to help me see what the armies have from other people's points of view. The model count, how an army can be built, how easy it is to get into, and also general painting tips for them as well. I think it can also be useful to someone that wants to look at the other less seen armies and beginner lists for them ^^

Apart from the large model count which worries me when it comes to army building and painting. You are right, gitmob can be really underestimated when you play them. shamans giving out rend buffs and bosses giving extra attacks. I find it amusing that the warmachines compete with each other to see who can do the most damage as well ;p

Thanks for the lists, i will check them out when i get settled for the night ^^

Well so far we have gitmob, beastclaw raiders, and ironjaws lists at 1k and they are just fun little lists to get into the game with. Can anyone show some love for the Greenskins, Gutbusters, or Bonesplitta's ? 

For what it's worth the iron jaws seems to paint up nicely if you want to put out painted models.

the new brute kit is great with both details but also a design that allows drybrushing (which the ard boys are also all about). But both kits have details that you can go back to. (Ard boys have also minimal skin to paint whereas the brutes by their bigger size, I think, are easier to paint decently).

i started to have each unit/ painting project in separate boxes so I have little prep time before I can stay painting on busy days. I don't have a dedicated hobby area so flexibility is key - also then I don't get blinded by 10 unfinished project starring at me with codex grey eyes :)

Well, if you want Greenskinz... I've used this 1500 pt army, it's a lot of fun:

Orruk Warboss (140)
- General
- Great Waaagh Banner 
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
Orruk Warboss On Wyvern (240)
- Artefact: Battle Brew
5 x Orruk Boarboys (100)
40 x Orruks (400)
- Pair of Choppas 
5 x Orruk Boarboys (100)
Rogue Idol (480)

Trimming it down to 1k, I'd go...

Orruk Warboss (140)
- General
- Great Waaagh Banner 
5 x Orruk Boarboys (100)
40 x Orruks (400)
- Pair of Choppas 
5 x Orruk Boarboys (100)

I mean, the Rogue idol is where most of the fun comes from, but it's nearly impossible to fit it into 1k. A horde of 40 Greenskinz is fuuuuun. Any loadout will do, really, but if you want to maximize your attacks from the mob bonus and command ability, go spears and blend away.

I would vote for Ironjawz too, but that's only because I've just started an army of them myself and I've not played any other Destruction models yet. 

And also, Ironjawz are obviously Da Best. 

Good luck with whatever force you decide to go! 

22 hours ago, Furious said:

TBH from a modelling and painting perspective, you might get bored with Bonesplittaz.

I think the same could be said about the gitmob and the moonclan, a lot of models to try and paint through, so going for one of them is kind of a risky move ^^;;;

19 hours ago, Joakim said:

For what it's worth the iron jaws seems to paint up nicely if you want to put out painted models.

the new brute kit is great with both details but also a design that allows drybrushing (which the ard boys are also all about). But both kits have details that you can go back to. (Ard boys have also minimal skin to paint whereas the brutes by their bigger size, I think, are easier to paint decently).

i started to have each unit/ painting project in separate boxes so I have little prep time before I can stay painting on busy days. I don't have a dedicated hobby area so flexibility is key - also then I don't get blinded by 10 unfinished project starring at me with codex grey eyes :)

The brute kits are pretty nice kits, some of GW's better kits in recent years. Even though they lack a huge array of weapons you will still have a decent amount of bits left i would imagine ^^

I am looking for the armies that would be easier to paint. I've hit the wall so many times now that the confidence is a little shaky at times when i pick up the brush. So last thing i want is to go into an army that's big on the small details. Maybes in the future i will try that, but for now simple and easy is what i'm looking for ^^

I have a desk that i can use for painting on. And luckly i have a set of draws to store models i'm not working on so i don't see them glaring back at me ^^;;;

18 hours ago, Furious said:

Well, if you want Greenskinz... I've used this 1500 pt army, it's a lot of fun:

Orruk Warboss (140)
- General
- Great Waaagh Banner 
5 x Orruk Boarboys (100)
40 x Orruks (400)
- Pair of Choppas 
5 x Orruk Boarboys (100)
Rogue Idol (480)

Trimming it down to 1k, I'd go...

Orruk Warboss (140)
- General
- Great Waaagh Banner 
5 x Orruk Boarboys (100)
40 x Orruks (400)
- Pair of Choppas 
5 x Orruk Boarboys (100)

I mean, the Rogue idol is where most of the fun comes from, but it's nearly impossible to fit it into 1k. A horde of 40 Greenskinz is fuuuuun. Any loadout will do, really, but if you want to maximize your attacks from the mob bonus and command ability, go spears and blend away.

Finally,  good to see the originals getting a shot here now xD

I'm still surprised that the greenskins don't come with multiple wounds like their bonesplitta or ard'boy cousins. But i like your lists look pretty smashy when they get into combat. And the force is pretty good for getting in all the extra attacks. Simple and straight forward. Got to love the simple things ^^

18 hours ago, Thalenchar said:

I would vote for Ironjawz too, but that's only because I've just started an army of them myself and I've not played any other Destruction models yet. 

And also, Ironjawz are obviously Da Best. 

Good luck with whatever force you decide to go! 

Thanks, hope you enjoy your Ironjawz ^^

Still up in the air right now. I have a while to decide I'm putting some thought into it. well, as much thought as a destruction player can before going ****** it and charging into the battle xD

Well, i decided on what it is that i wanted to play. 

I went looking for an army with character in it, medium to low model count, so something that's not too difficult to paint up. Not sure how my choice is going to go, but I'm going to stick it out as best i can till i see the 1k army project through. I'm not thinking about what comes after until the initial force is done. 

So I just wanted to thank everyone who gave their suggestions and lists and support to help me continue with something that's been in my life for most of my life. As I speak I'm currently building up some models now, finishing up on unit of cavalry. As for what army i chose. I think i will keep that to myself for now and get the building and undercoating stage done before showing my 1k starter that i chose. So give me about a week to sort it all out. And I will also explain why i chose the faction i did. 

Have a good night all 

• 3 weeks later...

well still working on the building. not building models for a while reaaaaaaaaaaaaally takes a while to get back into it. so progress is slow. so i figure i should just say what i'm working on. both the armies. 

yeah, originally planned to be one, but when you read stories you just sometimes can't help but get the urge to doing an army. both are armies that i had a very small amount of, but neither really got to the table. and honestly i feel really guilty for that so decided to amend that problem and start to build up 500pts for both forces and increase them to 1k around autum/winter (or earlier depending on how quickly the initial 500pts painting goes). And honestly with the new edition of 40k coming out (literally 2 days before my birthday) the temptation was there to pick up a 40k army to do. But, i could decide what to play. Anyone that plays 40k, don't take this the wrong way, this is just my personal opinion. To me the 40k armies just lack soul, they are colorful and flashy, but they are just that to me. I get more amusement, more interest by the fantasy style armies because it seems a lot more real. 

But i've waffled on a little too much now. So without further ado, the armies are !!

DSCF1187.JPG.a04f7de134eba56625cbc7dc1c961843.JPG

Huh... funny and weird enough the backgrounds almost line up together. DESTINY !

Well yeah, bonesplitterz and clan pestilens, two horde style armies... i'm doomed. But honestly, for me they are bad choices, they will take time to do, but that's fine. I'm in no rush, and as a friend told me. Just enjoy the hobby the way you want to, and not the way others do. Some like gaming, or painting and modelling, or just story. And i like the story for both of these armies, so its a win win ^^

But yeah, the bonesplitterz are coming along, just needing to work on my character for the first 500pts and then will post when they are built ^^

I have a small 500pt game planned for both armies on the 12th against some bloodbound, so it will be an intro of sorts since i haven't played in a while ^^;;;

yeah i got the pestilens starter box over christmas so i've got a good little start for both armies. even found 10 censer bearers too xD

Both armies are going to run pretty similar, but that have their own ways of finishing the job. When it comes to games, i like lots of bodies on the table, it feels a little more forgiven than going super elites. Yeah i'm going to get gunned down.. a lot. But just they wait till i get across the board >:3

4 minutes ago, Furious said:

Great! Pestilens are cool. Did you get the Start Collecting box? It's a great deal for sure.

Good luck in your first game.

2 minutes ago, Furious said:

I love horde armies. Adore them. It just takes a bit longer to play them unfortunately, what with all the models to move.

Pretty much the same. I loved the idea of ranks upon ranks of troops back in fantasy, just a large horde charging into the enemy and smashing into them xD

Archived