Besides the Hurricanum what is a good unit to include in a Winterleaf battalion?

urion

I am using a Winterleaf battalion in my Sylvaneth army and I was wondering what Order unit people use in it, besides the obvious choice of the Celestial Hurricanum? I know rules wise the Hurricanum is a lot of people's favorite, but I'm just not interested in using it. I don't feel it fits fluff wise and I'm not a fan of "auto include" units. I'm thinking of using a unit of Giant Eagles, which I am representing using two bases of spites from various Sylvaneth sprues. I think that the Sylvaneth lack true speed and the Eagles help with that. I've also thought about using a Battlemage instead, either a Jade wizard or an Amber wizard.

Gryphhounds would help if you have bow archers.

Loremaster helps when you use behemoths

Tunneler units are always nice. 

New Overlords have pretty strong shooting units (big units of nauts + Khemist)

Glade lord on dragon brings funkiness with his breath ability

Sisters of the thorn have a nice spell 

Phoenix is just a nice model and somehow (don't ask me why) it seems fluffy

Wild wood rangers bring extra Monster killing power.

Just about any niche unit has stuff we don't have.. basic killing power we do have so regular units from most armies just don't seem that useful.

Orion is nice to place next to alarielle :D 

About the eagles:

Eagles bring speed.. but not that much hitting power... what they can target will be limited

A loremaster is always good if you have a Durthu.

The sisters of the thorn are really good.  If you have one unit of 20+ Dryads in the woods with mystic shield bouncing the mortal wounds back will be nice.  And if your opponent says "I'm not going near that" well then it worked :P

Waywatcher hero (which,. yeah gets better with a Hurricanum) is good.  In terrain he is hard to shift without Mortal Wounds.

Archived