The White Dwarf: Grombrindal himself!

Nubgan

The White Dwarf, 40 years old, an age quite a few of us haven't even reached yet. So well done him! :D

I'm not really here to talk about how cool that display model is that was shown today, but more here to think about how cool Grombrindal would happen in AoS. The White Dwarf himself is a legendary warrior in the old World, a hero that appears randomly to aid worthy causes, and given how AoS lore has gone recently, does anyone else think he would be a fantastic centre piece model for a Duaradin faction?

To perfectly match the scale of Allarielle, the Celestant Prime and Arcaon, Could we see him roll up as an etheral being mounted on a bear (or riding an ale wave?).

What would everyone else think about this? because surely the end of the world wouldn't have hurt that much given how drunk he was drinking all that ale!

Grombrindal40MiniContent-500x500.jpg

That model is fantastic and very funny! But yeah I do agree with you, the White Dwarf should become part of Age of Sigmar and certainly would be an amazing concept for a Duaradin character. 

To give him a bit more of a blended in appearance I would love to see him 'on fire' on a massive anvil. Essentially being 'forged into excistance' by (any) Duaradin Heroes. 

13 minutes ago, Killax said:

To give him a bit more of a blended in appearance I would love to see him 'on fire' on a massive anvil. Essentially being 'forged into excistance' by (any) Duaradin Heroes. 

MS Paint Skills aside, I think I have nailed it already!

White Dwarf Concept.png

Wouldve been nice to get usable model rather than another shelf piece. But as an aside, who did the tags for this thread? Its 6X, not 5X.  Grombrindal doesnt drink that knock-off goblin swill, he only drinks proper Bugmans XXXXXX :D

@Nubgan That's fun, but I really mend to incorporate it into the Age of Sigmar feeling.

As pictures explain things better as words, here is a quick sketch up of what I had in mind:

White_Dwarf.jpg

Obviously you could add things to this, such as:

- A ton of Dwarf Runes :P 
- More swinging Jewelry on the beard of the White Dwarf
- Likely add more metal runes to the skin of the White Dwarf
- Add two Forge Smith 'Guards' with some seriously big hammers
- Have the base set up as being an open Forge Oven

What it essentally could do is give the Dwarfes a cool massive Hero (Monster sized base) that really can beat hard! While it's certainly possible to incorporate some cool fire AoE effects.

Would love to know if Dwarfen fans would like that concept. 

Firstly, phenomenal 'quick sketch' Killax! Very cool

Re the actual thread: obviously it depends on the aesthetic they go for if they ever re-visit 'normal' duardin (Dispossessed). I still have heady dreams of some sort of large golem. Grom would definitely need something large and mobile (a la Gordrakk). I'd imagine if they do give Dispossessed anything new, rather than just a new battletome covering the existing range, it would be less on the steam side of things as KO have that firmly covered now

I guess the 'other' dwarfs would have been hiding in the mountains rather than the skies, so maybe they've got some large rune-beast they've either tamed or manufactured

I like them both. The anniversary model is obviously a bit tongue in cheek, just like every WD model so far.

The Forge World model is pretty good too. Well defined face, solid features. Hair might be a bit iffy though. Just can't say I'm fond of the Forge World painting style. It does nothing for the Black Gobbo model, which is a confusing mess. The first three times I looked at it, I didn't understand where the face was.

Awesome model!  I will definitely be picking up one of those!  I have missed out on the previous White Dwarf models, but not this time!

I also think that bringing him into AoS would be excellent.  The above sketch is awesome, and would work well with both Fyreslayers and Dispossessed.

On 4/27/2017 at 7:11 AM, Fungrim said:

I guess the 'other' dwarfs would have been hiding in the mountains rather than the skies, so maybe they've got some large rune-beast they've either tamed or manufactured

Ooh!  Like in Dragon Age: Origins!  Dwarves that have never before seen the sky, choosing to wait out the Age of Chaos buried deep within the mountains and ground, patiently biding their time, and using the resources of the world itself to survive.  Throw in some golems and worm/beetle/cave-dweller creatures, and I think we are onto something!

23 hours ago, Spinsane said:

That new Dwarf was a terrible disapointment, but at least FW's BloodBowl dwarf will be a lot more usable...

I love these 2 BB models. Might get multiple of the Grom, he has Warden King conversion written all over him

7 minutes ago, BunkhouseBuster said:

Ooh!  Like in Dragon Age: Origins!  Dwarves that have never before seen the sky, choosing to wait out the Age of Chaos buried deep within the mountains and ground, patiently biding their time, and using the resources of the world itself to survive.  Throw in some golems and worm/beetle/cave-dweller creatures, and I think we are onto something!

There's loads in Dragon Age that could work for AoS yes! Same for Skryim. The Fyreslayers have stories of defeating the fire wyrm (Vulcatrix), so there's still scope for a full on Grimnir-on-wyrm release. Flip that over to Kharadron who could get Grugni in a full-blown space station, then perhaps Dispossessed get Valaya?! Who knows

Archived