War Wagon in AoS

I've painted a war wagon for my Free Guild army so I thought I should make some rules up for it. What do people think? Any changes you'd make, does it seem over powered or under powered? And does anyone else have any home made war scrolls they have made? 

War Wagon AoS Rules.jpg

This is super, super cool, at first glance I'm thinking it's not overly powerful.  Just from a simplicity point of view there are quite a lot of attack rows.  It would maybe benefit from combining the Mancatcher, Halberd and Sword attacks into a single profile maybe with a few more attacks with no rend so maybe something like: 1"    6    4+    4+    -    1

Another thing that comes to mind is that would it be crewed by engineers or maybe slightly less senior free peoples.  If they are essentially hand gunners then the Long Rifle would be hitting on a 4+.

Did you use the classic model or kit bash something newer and sexier with the Luminark horsies?  A pretty picture at the top of the warscroll would also be cool.

9 hours ago, mdkinker said:

I don't remember the old war wagon rules, but this looks fun and flavorful.  How'd you draft your own warscroll?

I put it together in photoshop - the rules for most of the weaponry came from different war scrolls that are all ready available. The war wagon I based off the Gore Beast chariot, but lowered the bravery and upped the wounds. Horse rules came from the war alter scroll. 

9 hours ago, cb_rex said:

Did you use the classic model or kit bash something newer and sexier with the Luminark horsies?  A pretty picture at the top of the warscroll would also be cool.

When its rebased I'll add it in as I think they look super cool with the pictures. However this is how it looks at the moment: 

IMG_9015.JPG

Wow, I wouldn't have thought such an old model would look so in line with the current aesthetic.  I'm going to have to scour ebay now for a War Wagon and some more of those expensive horses, (the 6 I picked up for my Knights Panther cost me an arm and a leg).

If you're not rebasing it anytime soon You could just photoshop the image you've got with a bit of clone tool so it looks like its un-based going along the battlefield.

Great idea! I thinsssk it's both a bit too complex and a little underwhelming in output though. Combine most of the weapons into "Halberds and Swords", Mancatcher and Horses Hoofs. The shooting weapons could be combined into Handguns with more attacks and the Hochland Long Rifle for specific damage. You'll increase the damage output and massively simplify using it.

Love the special rules though! Very characterful.

On 2016년 5월 14일 at 9:26 AM, Stevewren said:

When its rebased I'll add it in as I think they look super cool with the pictures. However this is how it looks at the moment: 

IMG_9015.JPG

Oh wow, this looks fantastic!

Archived