2000pts Mono Nurgle, first game need help

DracanII

Hi Guys,

Long time fantasy player thats been very lonely and basically out of the hobby since the end of 8th ed, but no longer! :D

My local scene suffered instant death due to AoS as such I have struggled to get even just a test game. Luckily I finally twisted an old gaming buddies arm to give it a go wit me.

For this game i want to roll out my Nurgle force i was building with the end times but actually never got to use :( coz the end of the world, literary for some...

My 2000 pts list consists of:

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Harbinger of Decay (140)
- General
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest

Lord of Plagues (100)

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
- Runestaff
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle

Daemon Prince (160)
- Mount: Flying
- Sword

Battleline
20 x Chaos Warriors (360)
- Halberd & Shield
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle
10 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100)
20 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (200)

Units
3 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (220)
3 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (220)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (180)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (180)

Total: 2000/2000

Any suggestions will be welcome as i really dont know what im doing and just going with a theme and what looks/feels cool.

I have all the chaos models except new Khorne and Tzeentch ( which dont fit the theme anyway) so can change list in any way.

So kept the list as is and played vs skaven shooty list with 3 warpfire throwers, 2 ratlings, thanqoul with flamers and some clan rats a hellpit and 2 big units of storm vermin...

i must say i tarted feeling sorry for my army after a while. Skaven shooting is quite brutal coupled with stormvermin that are better than chaos warriors (WTF) and it turned into quite a big loss for nurgle.

Is there anyway staying with the nurgle theme that one can add a bit more oomph to damage output in the list? he was doing so many multi wounds and mortal wounds where i was mostly doing singles with no rend :(

any advice would be much appreciated.

Some suggestions:

lesser demon units should never be in 20. Only 10 for objective campers and battleline requirements, or 30 for thier full effect. Units of 20 (speaking specifically about plaguebros now)are both worse at being a requirement and holding objectives, and are worse at being the greatest tar pit in the game, board control and damage. So for this list I would 100% drop the lord of plagues (amazing model, lord of MEH for gameplay)

the rest of your list looks good. Shaven can be deadly. The only issue is that I see two separate lists within your list. The drones, prince (which should be near your drones at all times to activate their locus ability), then the Warriors, blightkings, and the harbinger. This can work because the prince can buff the drones and plaguebros, and harbinger beefs up the warriors and kings. Just have to stick to this strategy. 

Try to get one of the big monsters in here! Glotkin is GREAT. Or one of the maggoth lords (stay away from morbidex).

if you can get a great unclean one, try going for a tallyband list! They are incredibly resilient!! With a mortal sidebar. Just understand your listbas it stands is 2 armies side by side and play that way. 

I usually run my plague drones as a single unit of 6 and buff them with Demonic Power (sorcerer) and keep the deamon prince (or other deamon hero) near them. They end up being solid killers which I find tough to come up with in Nurgle. Unbuffed they are not that great.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, underdog6750 said:

How does the princess activate the drones locus ability when the warscroll says plaguebearer hero? Sorry I'm new to AoS and may be missing something?

I thought the same thing, then I looked at the Warscroll on the GW website for the Drones where the wording is a little different ;)

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-plague-drones-of-nurgle-en.pdf

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah i was planning to play the army as 2 core groups, warriors being the anvil in the one and plague bros the other with blightkings (trying) to be the hammer in the mortal section and the drones and prince in the other. (From the AoS app i got, that you just needed a demon of nurgle hero not specifically a herald to activate the loci? I might be wrong as i have a full 1 game under my belt lol)

Im really thinking of getting the glotkin into the list which then kicks out the harbinger and dropping the plage lord. Wasnt tooo keen on warriors to begin with. The problem i have then is i only have 30 plague bro models. I really liked the sorceror lord though, rerolling all 1 is awesome. 

Cant wait till nurgle gets a book like the khorne and tzeentch just got. Hopefully in it we get more battleline options.

Also not against adding pestilens as i have 70 monks and 2 "furni"? And sadly i built 2 watp lightning cannons and not plague catapults.

Got 2 hellcannons too but they seem bit expensive.

Archived