I'm spoilt for choice - what list would you choose?

8bit_Jesus

Hey, all.

I'm currently stuck between three army choices, Ironjawz, Sylvaneth and Stormcast for a 1000 point list. I'm at a stage of seeing the pros and cons in each list and I'm going insane through too much choice! haha

I'm playing on a 4x4 board using objectives from the General's Handbook. I'm personally leaning towards Ironjawz because of the speed but I love my Sylvaneth and Stormcast are a curiosity. The new book really sold me on them!

Ironjawz

1 x Warboss, 1 x Black Orc Big Boss, 2 x Warchanters. 2 x 5 Brutes and 10 Ardboys with Ironfist

Sylvaneth
1 x Treelord Ancient (briersheath, oaken armour), 1 x Branchwych, 2 x 10 dryads, 2 x 3 kurnoth hunters with bows

Stormcast

1 x Knight Azyros (staunch defender, lantern of the tempest, mirrorshield , 2 x 5 Liberators, 4 x Tempestors, 2 x Fulminators (I think I've got the last two right) -

The question is - what would you pick out of the three, or even improve?

2 minutes ago, 8bit_Jesus said:

Stormcast

1 x Knight Azyros (staunch defender, lantern of the tempest, mirrorshield , 2 x 5 Liberators, 4 x Tempestors, 2 x Fulminators (I think I've got the last two right) -

The Azyros can only have Staunch Defender or Lantern of the Tempest -- a Mystic Light (like Lantern of the Tempest) may be used instead of an artifact, so it's an either/or not a both/and. Though I don't know much of anything about the Sylvaneth book and abilities, I fear you may have the same issue there.

My recommendation out of the three armies is to pick the one that excites you most -- and based on your post, it sounds like you're into the Ironjawz. There's no reason to ignore your gut reaction, really. That said, I enjoy my Stormcast army (though I don't have either of the others, so I can't compare from experience). And your Tempestors and Fulminators are plenty fast, if that's what you're looking for.

3 minutes ago, rokapoke said:

The Azyros can only have Staunch Defender or Lantern of the Tempest -- a Mystic Light (like Lantern of the Tempest) may be used instead of an artifact, so it's an either/or not a both/and. Though I don't know much of anything about the Sylvaneth book and abilities, I fear you may have the same issue there.

My recommendation out of the three armies is to pick the one that excites you most -- and based on your post, it sounds like you're into the Ironjawz. There's no reason to ignore your gut reaction, really. That said, I enjoy my Stormcast army (though I don't have either of the others, so I can't compare from experience). And your Tempestors and Fulminators are plenty fast, if that's what you're looking for.

ah, yeh, you're right. Good catch. Scroll Builder has it so you can take both, had a feeling it was too good to be true haha

what are the tempestors/fulminators (the melee version) like in combat? Fast seems good, the 3+ with +1 to save and re-rolling 1s seems pretty sweet 

5 minutes ago, Goddin said:

Staunch Defender is the command trait.  And the best addition to the new Stormcast book.  You can't take both the Mirrorshield and the Lantern of the Tempest, as they are both Artefacts.

I knew I had something right. Sorry everyone about my misstep!

Archived