Thoughts on using Tamurkhan the Maggot Lord in place of Glotkin?

sal4m4nd3r

Anybody use Tamurkhan instead of Glotkin? He seems to do way more damage, has a really neat ability to take over another heros body, is only 20 points more then Glotkin, same wounds, same heal, still mortal nurgle. He isnt a caster and Glotkins spell is actually pretty cool.. but thats about it. Tamurkhan's command ability kinda sucks, but I use Harbinger of Decay anyways..

Thoughts? Here is Tamurkhans warscroll for convenience:

UEMIo3r.jpg

Leaders

Glottkins:

vs 4+ deals: 1.94+4.16+0.74+1.78 = 8.61 wounds.

Tamurkhan

Vs 4+ deals: 0.25+2.96+2.67+2.33= 8.21 wounds

no point at all in taking him, even if he gets the reroll isn't comparable to a wizard with one really good spell and the possibility to go to a 3+ save by himself. also for 20 points less. and also glottkin can deal damage on the charge and against low bravery the -1 is useful (almost never tho), but i think it could be more useful than the maggoth lord ability ^^

i would go for the glottkin. also i don't really like tamurkhan model, for his cost there is much better on the net.

In regard to the model, I would create my own.

Also I would like to point at that its when models charge HIM that they take mortal wounds. And as you pointed out his ability to affect low bravery models is basically non existent. Even the lowest bravery values, (4, 5) which are uncommon still have low percentage chance of triggering. Again I ignore these abilities for the purposes of discussion.  

You say glotkin causes 1.94 wounds in the shooting phase, having used him in many games and only having his shooting attack make it to the damage step (then rolling double ones for damage) determined that was a lie :D

Thanks for your mathematical input. It is becoming clearer my thought to use Tamurkhan was more of a novelty with a new model and a niche ability rather then being rooted in actual damage output potential. 

Even not counting the shooting attack from both, 1.5 wounds more isn't enough to compensate a level 2 mage and a 20 points less

But this is just my personal opinion, feel free to share ur results!

I think that converting a maw krusha is the best way to do a one completely by ur own and that will largely outclass the fw one.

Nurglify the rider since tamurkhan was an ogre and a megaboss has roughly the same size

13 hours ago, shadowgra said:

Even not counting the shooting attack from both, 1.5 wounds more isn't enough to compensate a level 2 mage and a 20 points less

But this is just my personal opinion, feel free to share ur results!

I think that converting a maw krusha is the best way to do a one completely by ur own and that will largely outclass the fw one.

Nurglify the rider since tamurkhan was an ogre and a megaboss has roughly the same size

and add the stegosaurus head to get a little more open mouthiness.

Archived