Arachnarok round base size??

Teletomas

Hi all.

Anyone have experience rebasing the Arachnarok?

I've seen it based on the 160mm round base, but I worry that the model will get too much of a static look and that the round base will undercut the fact that the model is in a moving pose?

Do any of you have experience with this? And maybe pictures?

Thanks

T

(edited spelling mistakes to make clearer)

I'm putting my Arachnaroks on 130mm round bases - I tried them with paper templates of the 160mm and it's a little big, even for the mighty spider, 130 seems to be big enough to look alright whilst small enough to not overshadow the model.

I'm planning a WIP thread for my Spiderfang Venom Mob list, have a look there for the 3 spiders on their bases.

1 hour ago, Chunk said:

I'm putting my Arachnaroks on 130mm round bases - I tried them with paper templates of the 160mm and it's a little big, even for the mighty spider, 130 seems to be big enough to look alright whilst small enough to not overshadow the model.

I'm planning a WIP thread for my Spiderfang Venom Mob list, have a look there for the 3 spiders on their bases.

That seems more right, I'll take a look when you've uploaded them, thanks! 

Don't want to place the order and end up with the wrong one...

5 minutes ago, Earthtremor said:

I know 3 people, myself included who have mounted their Aroks on cd's

Size looks perfect and as there is no official size, I've had no complaints and run him at tournaments on it too

Cds! That's a funny solution. I'll see if I can find some old cds lying around and give it a look but isn't it a bit to thin? Also how does it hold terrain pieces etc.

Archived