New SCGT Pools Are Up!

3 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

SCGT pool points are user created though, nothing to do with GW, so it's not exactly that they're not supported. It's not really appropriate to be annoyed with them if they've not done what you want. They can manage things as they chose to. It's pretty cool what they've done so far. They may add stuff down the line. 

I know that they are nothing to do with GW, but GW has been giving them a lot of free advertising and coverage recently, and there's been a bit of crossover, so it would be good if they didn't discriminate against GW customers who don't have a warscroll for their formation on the app.

I've been through all this before when LOA wasn't supported by the various TO's when it was first released, (was this back in 7th, my memory betrays me?) ,and that garnered a negative outlook on the army list as a whole, and carried negative connotations , the majority of people would call it broken or overpowered, and refuse to play against it, because it wasn't blessed by ETC or whichever TO was popular with them , which was quite hurtful and divisive to all the CD players out there to be marginalized in such a way especially after spending a lot of money on the beautiful FW armies. Then when GW stated (in an FAQ?) it was a legit army list and should be included everyone suddenly backtracked and it became tournament legal. If it wasn't for that action by GW then people like Ben Curry probably wouldn't have his LOA Chaos Dwarf army and probably wouldn't have won the community award, and the LOA army list probably still wouldn't be mainstream to this day. Still it took years of rules lawyers spoiling fun for people and too much anti-rhetoric and bickering away from CD players when they should've been able to just get on and use their mini's in whatever environment they wish. I agree with you, the SCGT guys have done awesome things, I just don't see why they can't include those 4 formations. But if they really think its out of fairness to other players, that's fine with me

That's how this kinda feels, but I'm over it now anyway thanks Hobgoblin! Life is too short to argue over toy soldiers =) Now get back to my slave pit, the fires of Zharr need stoking!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anyone who has these four warscrolls who can put them up? I am a bit curious what they do. I have seen the pestilence one.

I think there is a very quick solution for your problem. If we can get info on all four warscrolls we can assign them some values and discuss. Maybe in another topic so we don’t derail this one.

I think we can reach some consensus on their point value fairly quickly. After that if anyone wants to use them at an organized event that uses SCGT between now and the Generals Handbook, you can always show this discussion on their points to the TO together with a place where they are published and maybe they let you use them.

You are probable right.:/ And they are not published in any way other than that you get a paper copy from buying all four limited edition boxes. In that case maybe it’s best to let them be. I will have to stay curious. :P

Can you explain the decision with the Terrorgheist and Zombie Dragon scrolls. They both exist in the Grand Alliance death book, the Beasts of the Grave (new faction) section on the app and in the flesh eater courts book and the app. Does the new pool cost cover all the scrolls or have you gotten rid of the 'normal' scrolls and only allowing the flesh eater versions of the scrolls? 

Thanks in advance. 

If I recall correctly, SCGT supports the latest version of a warscroll. So if a warscroll has been changed in a new publication then that'll be the one point costed.

Essentially, whatever is in the app minus "legacy" models and "duplicate" warscrolls.

It's the simplest way for them to maintain their pool system. 

And GW points are around the corner now anyway.

8 hours ago, Finraer said:

Awesomes. Are there any plans to add the silver tower scrolls (or am I missing them on the pdf)?

Paul

Unlikely; unless they don't like the GW point system and continue supporting SCGT as a long term project.

Archived