New SCGT Pools Are Up!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30 points is still too cheap for the Brotherhood of the Great Bolts. Rolled it up vs my (fairly competitive) chaos army and it effectively takes it off in 2 turns. :P

Good to get the update to include the new releases though. First run out at Caledonian Carnage in a fortnight. 

3 minutes ago, Darth Alec said:

Double dragon? In 100 pools you could get 5 or more dragons without much issue. That's all you'll have, but it would still be awesome :P

Thanks to @Dan Heelan and crew for updating this. Great job!

I could but that wouldn't leave room for the Lord of Change or any other big toys. I'm hoping a LoC/Kairos kit comes out this year so I can add both. ?

Looks good.

My gut feeling is that Fyreslayer Vulkite Berzerkers are a tad too expensive - compare them at 5 choices for 5 models to Ironjaw Brutes at 8 choices for five models. For 10 choices you have 10 wounds that are roughly comparable to the 15 wounds. In terms of damage output the Berzerkers have a bit of range, but their attacks are significantly less potent when you account for the brute boss, and the gore choppa. They are equivalent in terms of speed, and bravery slightly favours the Berzerkers but overall the brutes should be able to take berzerkers. I feel that 4 choices for 5, or alternatively 7 for 10 would better reflect the quality of the Berzerkers.

Also, Gore Gruntas are listed as 7 choices for 1 model - I assume that is supposed to be 3 models?

30 minutes ago, mhsellwood said:

Looks good.

My gut feeling is that Fyreslayer Vulkite Berzerkers are a tad too expensive - compare them at 5 choices for 5 models to Ironjaw Brutes at 8 choices for five models. For 10 choices you have 10 wounds that are roughly comparable to the 15 wounds. In terms of damage output the Berzerkers have a bit of range, but their attacks are significantly less potent when you account for the brute boss, and the gore choppa. They are equivalent in terms of speed, and bravery slightly favours the Berzerkers but overall the brutes should be able to take berzerkers. I feel that 4 choices for 5, or alternatively 7 for 10 would better reflect the quality of the Berzerkers.

Also, Gore Gruntas are listed as 7 choices for 1 model - I assume that is supposed to be 3 models?

I agree with you on the Fyreslayers, however I haven't got mine to the table yet. Once I've played a few games I'll email an informed opinion. 

Hi Guys, New version will go up today with a few fixes, Gore Gruntas was a mistake should be 3 for 7

Fyreslayers are a tough one, I have not played with them or against if you would like to email me I will take a look (email is at top of pool document)

New Flesheater update will likely be next week and I will include some balance fixes for those scrolls people contact me about.

Russ

@Russ Veal Great work on the update.  I'll echo the Fyreslayers comment.  I've not played with or against them but some guys in our whats app group have been talking points and comparing them to other units and they feel a bit expensive.  

I've not been through it all yet but were there any updates to the Battleplans? 

Great work on getting these done.

As I use my Fimir I'll be able to playtest them at this cost (8 pools - higher than I expected). Will also soon be able to do the same with a Colossal Squig.

Awsome job, and nice to see the fix to the Ironjawz Gore Gruntas. Was thinking thats a bit costly.
One other question in regards to the Ironjaws tome. How are the recycled units from the Ardfist battalion treated? Are they summons?

I wont post the actual picture of the scroll on here for the usual reasons, but here is a link to it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ch_0Z67XIAAnvQ7.jpg:large

Top job with these as always, glad there were no really huge points swings post SCGT, small changes with good feedback will hopefully help keep everything in line.  Am playing Chris with the new Ironjaws on Thursday hopefully (with Fyreslayers).  Both new AOS armies so can help get some feedback on how they stack up.

Looks great overall - thanks so much for the fast turn-around.

Perhaps take another look at the Chaos War Mammoth and the Dread Saurian as they aren't as good as some of the new Monstrous Arcanum monsters (e.g. Magma Dragon, Carmine Dragon, Dread Maw and Idol) and yet are costed higher.

Warpfire Dragon is only 15 pools! Whoop! The double dragon list is another step closer to becoming a reality! 

The Warpfire Dragon is underwhelming - 15 might be expensive.

16 hours ago, mhsellwood said:

Looks good.

Agree about the vulkites. Chat about it on the Fyreslayers page and thanks for the heads up so I could email Russ and the GA team some feedback after playing 30-40 games with 2+ units of Vulkites in my only-Fyreslayer army. :)

Huge thanks for the update! Looks like my assumed predictions for the Orruks were pretty close, with the exception of Gordrakk. I'm actually surprised to see him only cost 22 but more play testing is required on my end, after he single-handedly laid the beatdown onto Archaon.

3 hours ago, Nico said:

The Warpfire Dragon is underwhelming - 15 might be expensive.

Really?Mortal  wounding with its warpfire, mortal wounding with its malign aura, and mortal wounding when it dies with its deadly demise?  I plan to send them in to early to 'detonate' on the enemy's bigger units.

On 5/8/2016 at 11:45 PM, Tronhammer NZ said:

Massive thanks to @Dan Heelan and @Russ Veal for these. Just in time for the rules cutoff for our event! We are extremely grateful or all your epic work.

This!

Thanks again! I assumed this might be the last one (as the Generals Handbook will be coming soon), so I went nuts and printed the whole thing! On nice paper too! 

I'll buy you both a pint at Warhammer Fest.

If you can buy pints, which you can't.. 

A firm 'warriors forearm clasp' will have to do.

Really?Mortal  wounding with its warpfire, mortal wounding with its malign aura, and mortal wounding when it dies with its deadly demise?  I plan to send them in to early to 'detonate' on the enemy's bigger units.

The shooting attack for the Celestial Hurricanum is triple the damage of the Warpfire Dragon's attack and 2.5 times the range.

The damage aura only works a sixth of the time and doesn't work on the turn you charge in (so it will join the list of rules that get forgotten about during a game). I'm always disappointed by these aura damage abilities (cf. Blightkings, Plague Furnace) as they are too little, too late - they should be stronger than impact hits that cause mortal wounds on the turn you charge, but they never are. 

The 5+ save for a Dragon is insulting.

You're right that the Deadly Demise attack is good - I hadn't noticed that it's a mini-Skaarac bomb - only working on a 5+ per model, so this could delete a third of a unit of Saurus Guard if you get lucky.

The Galrauch is a lot better if you can use it (other than the iffy model).

Archived