army size tiers

1 hour ago, Veterannoob said:

Making a list for a 1500 event coming up. GHB has 1K, 2K, 2500. When I make 1500 on scrollbuilder it has 2K rules, 1-6 heroes, 3+ battleline. Azyr app currently I see no custom point options. So do 1K vanguard count up through 1999 points? thx

My gut says anything above 1k uses the rules for 2k. But as there is some contention among certain people, I would check withamy tournament organizers or have a talk with your local group.

Failing that, it's always safe to use the Hero, Behemoth, and Artillery maximums of 1k, but the Battleline of 2k.  That way your army is legal no matter which side you lean.

2 minutes ago, CentralKarma said:

I'm playing in a 1500 points tournament as well, and we are using the 2k restrictions. 

In the GHB, it seems like the ranges are 0-1000, 1001-2000, 2001-2500, 2500 and up.  

But as others say, double check with the TO.... once they respond.

I agree with all of this. I'm making it for 2K essentially with the ease of dropping a battleline if/when TO says so and the thing would be dropping 2 heroes. Doable either way. Practice game used 3 battleline (could've easily been more if taking allegiance) and 6 heroes.

There doesn't seem to be any official statement regarding it.  I have always used the lower bound, just to allow more leeway with taking a few more special troops than having an extra Battleline tax at 1500 points (it tends to make things a bit too bland unless you play an army lucky enough to have the stronger Battleline choices available), but many people use the higher bound on the idea that if you are above 1k, you use the 2k restrictions and if above 2k you use 2500, etc.  I would verify with the Event Organizer as to which restrictions are in place.

3 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

Has anyone here ever extrapolated the tiers to, say, 5k or 10k points, for example to make use of one of the mega battalions that have points values but would never fit in a 2.5k list?

Only just large games where we take it all. Those are 3,500 and up

Archived