Plastic Glue in the USA

Kovaks

I searched and couldn't find much info, I want to transition over to Plastic Glue but am not sure what the best option is here in the US, I have heard a lot of great things about Revell, but it's availability is very limited here in America, The Testors stuff is easy to get a hold of but doesn't work at all from my attempts.  That pretty much seems to leave Humbrol and GW. I don't know anything about Humbrol and Have heard less than stellar reports on the GW stuff.  

Long story short does anyone have recommendations for Good plastic glue available in the US. 

Not sure what's available out there, but plastic glue is also known as Polystyrene Cement.  Agree with the above comments to try and get one with a needle built into the bottle :)  If you can't then you might be best to blob some glue from the tube onto a piece of card and then use a toothpick to apply it if you're dealing with small bits.

Yeah I don't feel like we have as many options especailly with the needle applicator, I will try the testors next, I really wanted the Revell as I have heard such good things and I like the Metal needle but price shipping and waiting a month to get it doesn't sound so great. 

On 3/1/2017 at 1:36 AM, Kovaks said:

Thanks I'll take a look into that, I tried a testors in a black bottle with a blue lable and it did nothing for me. 

The blue label is the "non-toxic" garbage.  What they remove from it to make it non-toxic, is whatever methyl ketone or methylene chloride that's in the regular stuff.

Unfortunately, that's the stuff that dissolves the plastic to create the weld - so the non-toxic "cement" is useless.  Parts don't hold together as they should.  You'd be better off using superglue instead of the blue-label stuff.  But the black label stuff is great.

Archived