Ironjawz tournament list 1000 pts

Anaticula

So guys, I'm trying it out. I guess it has been discussed before, but again, I am feeling free to show my 1k Ironjawz I will try to do some smackin' with.

Comments welcome.

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140) Ravager, Talisman
Orruk Warchanter (80), Battle Brew

Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Jagged Gore Hackas
- Ironjawz Battleline

Units

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 1000/2000

That is an interesting list!

First I would give battle brew to megaboss and talismam to warchanter.

Second, I would consider this: Rampaing Destroyer and Ironfist already give a lot of moviment. Ravager is not particularly worth when you bring 2 units of ardboyz. They are good, but the +4 to hit is kinda of a bummer, but if you buff them with frenzy of violence and use Bellowing Tyrant to buff the Brutes, you get 2 killy units. 

I would make the Brutes general with Bellowing Tyrant for a self +1 to hit buff, and would equip 1 ardboyz unit with dual choppas and use warchanter´s frenzy of violence on them. This way, those 2 units can deal massive damage, hold a lot of wounds and put up a good fight against most units in the game.

The strategy that I would use is to leave the 2nd unit of ardboyz behind to defend some objetive while the brutes and megaboss advance in one side with ardboyz and chanter in the other side. After killing whatever is there, they could rally in some point or flank other units.

29 minutes ago, tuorgustavo said:

That is an interesting list!

Thanks!

First I would give battle brew to megaboss and talismam to warchanter.

I know that most prefer it that way. But enemies often take out my Megaboss easily with mortal wounds. Though I see the benefit of the BB.

Second, I would consider this: Rampaing Destroyer and Ironfist already give a lot of moviment. Ravager is not particularly worth when you bring 2 units of ardboyz. They are good, but the +4 to hit is kinda of a bummer, but if you buff them with frenzy of violence and use Bellowing Tyrant to buff the Brutes, you get 2 killy

I may try this. I just realize that this list may be illegal, since I need Gore Gruntas for the ironfist.

I actually rate the wierdfist at this point level. Wierdnob, megaboss, balewind vortex, 2 units of 10 Ardboyz and 5 brutes. In smaller games the ardboyz can easily be within range of objectives and the shaman who in turn gets crazy range and easier casting. That and it's a left field choice that many players won't see coming (especially if you can get off a cheeky foot of gork) 

I recommend this list. The ard boyz can be gruntaz if you want. 

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline

Units

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 1000/2000

Your army lacks some way of dealing mortal wounds or high rend attacks. I fought with a very similar army against the temple guard seraphon formation and I didn't stand a chance.

I would rather use this other list. It is smaller and a little bit unbalanced but at 1000 points nota many can deal comfortably with a mawcrusha.

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (520)
- General
- Boss Gore Hacka & Scrap Tooth
- Trait: Ravager
- Artefact: Battle Brew
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline

Hi, for what it's worth I play Ironjawz and my force is up to 1k in points now.  I roll with:

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140) Bellowing Tyrant & Battle Brew
Orruk Warchanter (80) Talisman of Protection or Gem of Seeing

Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- Orruk Forged Big Choppa's
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Jagged Gore-hacka's, Klaw & Smasha & Gore-choppa
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Jagged Gore-hacka's, Klaw & Smasha & Gore-choppa
- Ironjawz Battleline
3 x Gore-Gruntas (180)
- 1 x Pig-iron Choppa (Grunta Boss) & 2 x Jagged Gore-hacka's
- Ironjawz Battleline

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

I find this list OK but those Gore-Gruntas seem are some what underwhelming.. I only use them to tank an opposing unit and have never seen Gore-Grunta Charge come off for the D3 damage! These will be swapped out for a unit of Brutes with dual Brute Choppas later this week.

My quandary now is what to add to boost to 2k but I guess there's another post for that :-)

Guys, thank you for the input.

I want to address a few issues.

Dealing mortal wounds: Well, that is an Ironjawz problem in general. Nothing that will really change it.

Maw Krusha: I'm hesitant to spend more than half my points on one model. But convince me. :)

10 Brutes with Jagged Gore hackas: In my experience a blast with the buff from the WC and the the MB. 10 Brutes get to hit (2" range) and reroll.

Gore Gruntas: A fast, tanky unit for taking objectives. Not really for combat. I am hesitant to include them.

Overall I would consider this variation:

10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Jagged Gore Hackas
- Ironjawz Battleline

14 minutes ago, Anaticula said:

Guys, thank you for the input.

I want to address a few issues.

Dealing mortal wounds: Well, that is an Ironjawz problem in general. Nothing that will really change it.

Maw Krusha: I'm hesitant to spend more than half my points on one model. But convince me. :)

10 Brutes with Jagged Gore hackas: In my experience a blast with the buff from the WC and the the MB. 10 Brutes get to hit (2" range) and reroll.

Gore Gruntas: A fast, tanky unit for taking objectives. Not really for combat. I am hesitant to include them.

10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Jagged Gore Hackas
- Ironjawz Battleline

Solid

1 hour ago, Anaticula said:

10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Jagged Gore Hackas
- Ironjawz Battleline

This is my preference. Filled out by a Megaboss w/ Battle Brew & Ravager (Bellowing Tyrant is a good choice though and if you are adamant you want to Talisman on your Megaboss you will definitely want this instead of Ravager) and then a Warchanter w/ Talisman.

Brutes definitely need the buffs and/or should always target those units with 4+ wounds for the extra rerolls.

You really notice the lack of buffs so synergy of Leaders is key for sure

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Archived