Bloodreavers 1 unit of 20 or 2 units of 10?

TrexPushups

For my 2000 point list I am currently running 1 unit of 20 bloodreavers. I am questioning the wisdom of that for scenario play.

Current list:

Aspiring deathbringer general

Bloodsecrator

Skullgrinder

Blood stoker

Slaughterpriest

2 units of 10 blood Warriors

1 unit of 20 bloodreavers

3 units of wrathmongers

Bloodstorm battalion

1 unit of skullreapers with daemon weapons

1 skullcannon

My question is should I split the bloodreavers into 2 units of 10 so they can cover more than one objective?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really depends,  I think bloodreavers are really good in smaller units since they are a bit more flexible, since they can be used as good chaff, or fit into smaller areas since their footprint is smaller. Battleshock is a problem so if you are running the dark feast battalion they get way better. However in your list I think a unit of 20 fits a bit better as its a good size block to sit on an objective, just make sure to use inspiring presence or they will run away very quickly :)

It depends on the mission objective. I've split them into 2 groups of 10, to sacrifice them so I could reach and hold the objectives with my heroes before my opponent could. But having them in groups of 20  so you can charge in and take out a whole bunch of models is super satisfying.  

To me reavers are wierd. They're cheap, therefore I sort of saw them as a tarpit. But their save " - " means that they will die quickly. And instead you can quite easily buff them to do a bunch of attacks so instead they can hit hard, so they are more of a cheap glass cannon in the right situation. My problem is usually that I almost always want to activate another unit before them in combat. Like Blood warriors or Bloodletters or a hero. :P

It really depends,  I think bloodreavers are really good in smaller units since they are a bit more flexible, since they can be used as good chaff, or fit into smaller areas since their footprint is smaller. Battleshock is a problem so if you are running the dark feast battalion they get way better. However in your list I think a unit of 20 fits a bit better as its a good size block to sit on an objective, just make sure to use inspiring presence or they will run away very quickly [emoji4]

Battleshock is not a problem for me.

The Bloodstorm battalion I use makes Khorne models with in 8 of one of my wrathmongers immune to battleshock.

So I pretty much never need to worry about it. Not even if my opponent goes first and I haven't been able to plant my banner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived