Should we be using GHB 2.0 points sneak peak

LJ26

Are you guys running the new point values for the Tomb kings, VLoAT, and Kemmler? Should we feel compelled to run the new point values since everyone generally agrees the TK's should go up. Does it discredit any wins you achieve if you don't use the new point values. Personally I hate that the VLoAT went up 80 points. He's no longer in any of my lists. 

I think in any given game, everyone should be using the same point system. So, until the GHB2 comes out and every faction's points ongoing are solidified, I recommend using the officially agreed upon points.

However, Age of Sigmar is fluid, so it really comes down to you and your opponent. I know I wouldn't force anyone to use a beta point system if I wasn't doing the same.

I would use them. Unless you are prepping for a tournament that will explicitly not be using the new points. You are only hurting your own learning curve if you ignore changes that you know are coming. 

As far as invalidating wins, I don't belive so. AOS has pretty reasonable game balance. Any army can win if played well. The point changes are designed to bring tomb kings in line with other armies. So rather than having the advantage out of the gates in most match ups they should have a mix.

My argument is the point update has a very obvious batch of buffs and nerfs.  This will not be the only ones forthcoming so it would to appear to be a direct knock against tomb king and death players in general.  We know of many culprits ready to get a market correction and it would be unfair to just hammer one faction over the other.  In the case of Fyreslayers since this is only a positive you could feel better off letting them have this bonus, however again others will see the same and a sense of fair play comes into view.

Well it says "Experimental Rules" in large letters at the top of the image with the rules on it, which means that you don't have to use them because they're basically beta. 

They're also points rises in a vacuum, without seeing what other changes may happen to Death, it's pointless to use them atm. No point altering your strategy to these values, only to find that everything else has changed as well, and that the points increases were actually less severe in the final edition. 

Might as well wait for GHB2 to come out, and sit down to rethink how you'll run things at the same time everyone else is.

I prefer to use them, for a number of reasons. First off, they are experimental. Therefore, by using them, I can gain experience and send feedback to GW. I think the changes are more or less reasonable (note that I have used several of the affected warscrolls extensively).

There are also other units that are used in large numbers in every single list of their faction that will see similar point adjustments (listen to the last Facehammer episode for confirmation).

For my growth as a player, I'd rather get used to these points and have a hard time now, only to get positively surprised when the cost increases are reduced and other units see similar changes. It will improve my game.

I don't think any of my losses are discredited. My games are won or loss Dalmost exclusively based on my and my opponent's decisions. I can win with weaker (but still well designed) lists also, and when games are not decided by our decisions, they are decided by the dice.

Archived