Can Knight-Venator shoot star-fated arrow twice via Fury Brand?

Sagittarii Orientalis

Question

Hello, I just bought the e-book version of new Stormcast Eternals(which I will refer to as SE) battletome. I would like to ask this question after skimming through the battletome.

One of the new allegiance abilities for SE is the mystic light, which can be carried instead of an artefact by Lord-Castellant, Lord-Veritant and Knight-Azyros. Among the Mystic Lights is Fury Brand, which according to the description "add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of one weapon for that HERO until your next hero phase".(Page 97) Note that the effect is not limited to melee weapons, which means Knight-Venator's bow can be affected.

However, can the Fury Brand increase the Attack characteristic of Star-fated arrow?

According to Knight-Venator's warscroll, the Knight-Venator "makes 1 attack with his realmhunter's Bow rather than 3". I initially thought the answer is "No", as I interpreted the warscroll in a way that only a single attack can ever be made with it. However, the latter clause("rather than 3") seems to imply that the word "attack" in Star-fated arrow's description refers to Attack characteristic. If this is the case, I think it is possible to increase the Star-fated arrow's Attack characteristic to 2, even if it's one use only. 

Do you think this interpretation is far-fetched? Or is it plausible?

5 answers to this question

I think it would still result in 1 attack. You would add 1 to the attacks characteristic BUT then the rules for star fated arrow would kick in, making it 1 again. The add comes before the ability, IMHO. So it doesn't do anything.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

RAI I say it's probably not intended to allow 2 shots of star fated arrow.

RAW well the buff is in the hero phase and to a weapon. The weapon is the realmhunter bow - 4 attacks instead of 3.

Come your shooting phase you declare you fire a star fated arrow. Now there's no rule for what happens if you've 4 instead of 3 shots:

Make 1 star fated arrow shot instead of 3 normal - normal result

Make 1 star fated arrow shot instead of 4 normal - most logical result of 1 extra realmhunter bow attack

Make 1 star fated arrow shot and 1 normal shot instead of 3 normal shots (next most logical result)

Make 2 star fated arrow shots in stead of 4 (I don't think any case can be made for this outcome)

12 minutes ago, GoosWorkshop said:

I would say yes, " If you can use several abilities at the same time, you can decide in which order they are used", in this case, just let the rules for star fated arrow kick in 1st, then apply the Fury Brand!!!

Not the same time though, buff is definitely before the exchange for star fated arrow attack (see my other post)

Archived