Maximizing Bloodreavers in 1000 pts

Agent of Chaos

OK so its a bit cheesy but I set out to write a 1000 point list that maximizes the Bloodreaver's Frenzied Devotion ability (+1 Attack if within 12" of a CHAOS TOTEM). This meant I went looking for totems and came up with the following;

Aspiring Deathbringer
General, Gore Axe & Skullhammer, Great Destroyer, Crown of Conquest
1 80
Bloodsecrator (TOTEM) 1 120
Blood Stoker 1 80
Exalted Hero with Battle Standard, Mark of Khorne (TOTEM) 1 80
Chaos Warshrine dedicated to Khorne (TOTEM) 1 200
Blood Reavers, Meat Ripper Axes 20 120
Blood Reavers, Meat Ripper Axes 20 120
Flesh Hounds 10 200
  TOTAL = 1000

As a base the Bloodreavers will have +3 attacks if in range of the Bloodsecrator, Battle Standard and Warshrine. Then when the Bloodsecrator does his thing and the Aspiring Deathbringer uses his command ability they will have +5 attacks (or 6 attacks each). There are a few other buffs in there for re-rolling failed hits and bravery to make them even meaner. The flesh hounds (who could be deployed as two units of 5) are there to screen the reavers or chase objectives with the bloodstoker's bonus making them super quick.

So what do you guys think? Too much filth? Or is it a bit vulnerable? What would you change to retain the cheese but improve it overall?

It's the ultimate khorne horde glass cannon :)

Battleshock is going to hurt once the secrator goes down. Could take two of him or add in a priest for that battalion which had a battleshock impact (forgive me I forget the name). Plus you get a range attack and ability to pull a unit into your reaver-shaped blender. That could be an option vs ranged armies who will mow the reavers down.

I have found this combination particularly useful.

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- General
- Bloodaxe and Wrath Hammer
- Trait: Great Destroyer
- Artefact: Chaos Talisman
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe

Battleline
20 x Bloodreavers (120)
- Reaver Blades
20 x Bloodreavers (120)
- Reaver Blades
20 x Bloodreavers (120)
- Reaver Blades

Units

Battalions
Dark Feast (100)

Total: 960/2000

The battalion of dark feast will give you antes extra attack and inmunity yo battleshock. With the aspiring deathbringer and 2 bloodsecrators that means 6 attacks each bloodreaver. Ah, and always use meatripper axes. Dual weapons are kind of weak.

Archived