Does Tzeentch weigh up?

Arkiham

as the title really,

How well should we be looking to do against other armies? is it entirely objective based gaming or can we stand up and give as good as given ?

will the spells really make up for the lack of combat dominance, will the shooting be a deterrent for opponents to not worry about their heroes moving forward. 

Well tricks and spells is what Tzeentch us all about! The entire range is squishy with only 5+ saves all over and the Arcanite side has terrible bravery but then the trickery comes in. 

Will we stand toe to toe against the tougher or hard hitting guys? Depends on clever placement and spell use I'm thinking. My problem is coming up with a 2k list I like. 

For competitive I think there is 2 routes. 1-2 drop battalions or bunker down tanky. If you use anything other then a super battalion your opponent will get to decide who goes first. So prepare to get your smaller heroes sniped and prepare for full teleporting or other stuff like that. Tzaangors can be tanky and hard hitting. Ogroid can be brutally tanky and hard hitting. LoC is LoC. Most of the Arcanite battalions are crap.

I want to go heavy Tzaangor but can't think of a good list. Daemon side thou...almost all their battalions are great. All open ended and great abilities. Maximum trickery is The Hosts Duplicitous...swapping units and turning hits to fails and fails to hits? That's as troll as it gets. 

Coming up with something I like while being competitive. That's the hard part...

Tzeentch stands up.  People just need to be sure to not fall into the quagmires of over loading on skyfires and making units of tzaangors too large.  You also don't need to take the mega-battalions to make it work, which gives room to add other StD units to give more durability.

I think the cornerstone of Tzeentch competitive play is going to come down to maximizing spell use. We'll have a ton of spellcasters with a multitude of spells on the board AND have a unit that's a wizard. And the ability to set the casting roll. 

Spellcasting is where we're going to really shine.

Archived